+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What jobs do you go for to attain positive LMO?

kennys67

Jan 3, 2008
Can anyone tell me what the best type of job to look for is in Ontario that would almost guarantee a positive LMO? I have 2 job offers and both turned down for LMO.

Has anyone had an LMO application re submitted; what are the chances of success if prospective employer re submits the application which was reiected on spurious grounds?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/fwp_forms.shtml

Go to this site. Some jobs require only a high school education, and others require limited training. There are also jobs that require no LMO.

fbf2006

Nov 29, 2007
What jobs did not get a positive LMO? I'm just curious. I know someone that got a negative LMO for an IT Consultant position.

I'm assuming jobs on the occupations under pressure list for Ontario would get an LMO much easier than those not on the list?

kennys67

Jan 3, 2008
Thanks Thaiguy

I have researched this site many times. My interpretation and thiers differ greatly as to what kind of skills are needed in Ontario! My inderstanding was that you had to find a job that a Canadian can`t or won`t do. Therefore I am qualified in my field as there are only a few in my position in my role in the country yet many more are needed. The shortage of labour seems a new issue and is surely negated if my employers cannot find a suitable candidate after 4 months of trying. Any idea what percentage of LMO re submissions succeed?

kennys67

Jan 3, 2008
Thanks for reply fbf2006

In all research the occupations under pressure is fairly new to me. When I started research in the UK I was continually informed LMO would be positive if it was a job Canadians can`t or won`t do. I was actually offered 3 jobs when in UK but couldn`t get here in time to accept! Thus I have accepted a job now in technical specification....its the way forward for my industry and is massive in UK but in infancy here.The company knows how important it is to develop and have only 2 experienced people here hence my job offer. I have been turned down for LMO. I`m no genius but have skills and experience that are lacking here therefore I meet the criteria above. Also i can train Canadians and save employer a fortune and assist them to grow etc etc. They have spent 3 months trying to get someone for this role so have easily met the attempting to employ Canadians criteria. Why a negative LMO? Makes no sense to me.

fbf2006

Nov 29, 2007
I have no idea what's wrong with Ontario. I think your company should try to resubmit the LMO application. Make sure they include details of their attempt to hire Canadians. So apart from the advertisements they had for 3 months, did they interview any Canadians? If they did, do they have documentation (the Canadians resume, notes taken during the interview, etc) that show that they actually interviewed some people but you were the most qualified for the position. I have no idea if this would work, but whatever the company can do to show that they attempted to hire a Canadian might help.

Also, is the salary they offered you in line with the industry? Did HRSDC specifically mention why they didn't provide a positive LMO? If all they said was the attempt to hire Canadians was not enough, then never mind this salary part.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
kennys67 said:
I have researched this site many times. My interpretation and thiers differ greatly as to what kind of skills are needed in Ontario! My inderstanding was that you had to find a job that a Canadian can`t or won`t do. Therefore I am qualified in my field as there are only a few in my position in my role in the country yet many more are needed. The shortage of labour seems a new issue and is surely negated if my employers cannot find a suitable candidate after 4 months of trying. Any idea what percentage of LMO re submissions succeed?
If your employer does a very good job of documenting its search for employees, and your qualifications are clear, your application should be successful.

So while I'm not sure what your chances are to re-file, I would say the res\ponsibility for success is up to the employer. If your application is legitimate, he/she needs to do more to convince immigration.

Good luck.

kennys67

Jan 3, 2008
Thanks to both of you for replies.

My employer has agreed to re submit and is as angry and confused as myself as to why it failed.They are going to bombard SC with thier attempts to prove efforts made to hire Canadians and also are allowing me to write a cover letter to accompany the application. I will heavily emphasise the new skills I can bring to them and that i had been offered THREE senior posts with this company when back in UK at times when unsuitable for me to come over.

They actually stated clearly that they could employ 5 more Canadians as a result of bringing my skillset to the business but we were rejected! heres hoping they will see sense this time as I need this.