+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What job type CIC accept for applying permanent residence.

karamsialka

Jul 27, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Need your help :(
I just completed my 2-year study and I got my three-year open work visa which is valid until 2021.
I am a software developer and I have an offer from an IT company and this position is contracted not the permanent position.

My Question is
After one year experience Am I eligible for applying for permanent residence with contract experience ??
or I need to wait for a permanent position?
Thanks in Advance.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Need your help :(
I just completed my 2-year study and I got my three-year open work visa which is valid until 2021.
I am a software developer and I have an offer from an IT company and this position is contracted not the permanent position.

My Question is
After one year experience Am I eligible for applying for permanent residence with contract experience ??
or I need to wait for a permanent position?
Thanks in Advance.

Doesn't matter if it's permanent or contract,
To be eligible for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class you must have completed, within the three years before you apply, at least:

• 12 months of full-time work:
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours), OR
  • equal amount in part-time hours, such as:
    • 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=730&top=29

Reactions: karamsialka

karamsialka

Jul 27, 2016
Doesn't matter if it's permanent or contract,
To be eligible for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class you must have completed, within the three years before you apply, at least:

• 12 months of full-time work:
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours), OR
  • equal amount in part-time hours, such as:
    • 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=730&top=29

Hello
Thanks for your help..
i open the given link and it shows the self-employed Not consider

Please see below

To apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class, your skilled work experience must:

• be in a job classified as skill type 0, or skill level A or B according to the 2016 National Occupational Classification,
  • amount to at least one year of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) in the previous three years,
  • have been with an employer in Canada (self-employment does not count),
So As a contracter, we work as self-employment. ( Please advice)
  • be gained with the proper legal authorization (for example, as a documented worker with a valid work permit), and
  • not be gained while you were studying on a student permit.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello
Thanks for your help..
i open the given link and it shows the self-employed Not consider

Please see below

To apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class, your skilled work experience must:

• be in a job classified as skill type 0, or skill level A or B according to the 2016 National Occupational Classification,
  • amount to at least one year of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) in the previous three years,
  • have been with an employer in Canada (self-employment does not count),
So As a contracter, we work as self-employment. ( Please advice)
  • be gained with the proper legal authorization (for example, as a documented worker with a valid work permit), and
  • not be gained while you were studying on a student permit.
Well, you didn't say that you are being a self-employed contractor.
Some company hire full-time contracted position but NOT as a self-employed contractor.
Doing so allow them to end the employment of that person when a project finished. But that doesn't mean that person is a self-employed contractor. They are still employees.

Reactions: karamsialka