+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is your experience during the landing process when you are about to become a PR?

Christian32

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hi,

My question is about when one arrives for the very first time as a permanent resident in Canada (when one does not have any PR card yet). How does the “landing process work”. Are you being scrutinised or asked many questions? I am asking this as I have a child whom I think, has some form of autism; the degree is not very high but still, it is getting through my mind. I am wondering whether they are going to find out during the landing process.
I have heard once a friend telling me that some people got sent back during this very first landing process? have you heard of some similar stories?
Also what kind of documents do they ask?
Please share your experience.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
It was so uneventful for us, I can't even remember it. No issues, no questions, welcome to Canada, that was it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are supposed to report any changes in medical before landing. You should also research the changes in autism funding. There have been significant changes in Ontario which may spread to other provinces. Even before any changes parents were paying for therapy out of pocket.