+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is this email about "ready for Visa"

mahesh88

Dec 9, 2019
Congrats you got PPR. All you need to do is follow instructions in the email and submit your passport and documents (if any) for the visa stamp and COPR.
i received similar e mail like this..i don't have any details as which address to sent passport..should i have to submit in nearest vfs??

vp31

Oct 9, 2021
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the support so far! Though I have been visiting this forum frequently for my PR process related queries, this is the first time I've needed to ask the question myself, and that I think speaks volumes of the level of commitment of members and the quality of engagement here.

My query:

I received the mail titled 'READY FOR VISA' from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on my gmail account two days back, but my IRCC GC Key account does not show any update, nor have I received PPR (Passport Submission Letter) on my GC Key account.

So, should I treat this email as Passport Submission Letter and raise a webform to VFS Canada (in India) to arrange for passport submission, or will I have to wait for PPR letter in my IRCC GC Key account for that?

Thanks again in advance.

Reactions: Vank1628

Vank1628

Jan 13, 2020
I thinks it's more of a standard questionnaire rather than a full-on interview.
You will definitely need your COPR letter and Proof of Funds along with your Passport.
I haven't finished that process myself so maybe someone else can provide more input.
Hi sr88,

Can you please guide on the process after receiving PPR email. I have received one email today with Subject line ready for Visa, mentioning the details to submit passport, photographs and letter copy.

a. Did you submitted the Passport and Photographs via VFS Passport submission service via 2-way courier service?
b. Did you received your COPR? If yes how much time it took to complete.?
c. Did you received any update or PPR letter on IRCC GC Key account? What did you submitted as letter copy to VFS office.

Thanks so much in advance for your information.

ranimol

May 29, 2021
Hi
I got the email like,
ready for Visa. Please use this letter if your accompanying dependents are currently residing in ABU DHABI

my husband in UAE and children in India . When I submitted the file for PR they were there. Can I use same copy of this email for my children in India for visa ?

SHK4

Jan 12, 2022
Hi,
I just got my "Ready for visa" email. I had a few questions so it will be great if someone can answer these:
  1. I am residing in US. However, my address recently changed so the address I mentioned in my application now differs from my new address (both are US addresses). So can I fill my new address in the Annex A? Will that be an issue since they will see it is not the same US address they have in file?

2. In the email it was mentioned "The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A."so basically
    • I need to include a return envelope too along with the documents inside my main envelope right?
    • do I need to write my address on the return envelope?
    • Is there any specifications on the size of the envelopes?
    • Has anyone sent their passport from US to Canada and can suggest a reliable courier?
  3. The Annex A form is just pasted below the email. So how to send that? Should I just take a print of the whole "Ready for visa" email and then fill up the Annex A form with a pen, sign it and send the same? Can someone who did this tell me how they did?

4. Does my wife (secondary applicant) also need to sign the Annex A?
Hello,

I got the same email from IRCC. Infact, I have the same (2,3 and 4) questions as you. But I didn't find the answer.
Could you please let me know the answers for questions 2, 3 and 4

cps123

Feb 12, 2022
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the support so far! Though I have been visiting this forum frequently for my PR process related queries, this is the first time I've needed to ask the question myself, and that I think speaks volumes of the level of commitment of members and the quality of engagement here.

My query:

I received the mail titled 'READY FOR VISA' from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on my gmail account two days back, but my IRCC GC Key account does not show any update, nor have I received PPR (Passport Submission Letter) on my GC Key account.

So, should I treat this email as Passport Submission Letter and raise a webform to VFS Canada (in India) to arrange for passport submission, or will I have to wait for PPR letter in my IRCC GC Key account for that?

Thanks again in advance.
Hi,

I am in same situation now. Do not know the next steps.Please help with the same.

BSinghDhadly

Feb 12, 2022
Hi

I have submitted my passport on 21st of December as I got an ready to Visa email. the principal applicant is my wife who is in Canada. My son got his Visa and COPR on 12th od December. Due to some issues with my Photographs, I was requested to send photographs again. So I sent them and was received by VFS on 21st Dec. Still waiting. no response from VFS, High commission and IRCC. So frustrated. Plz suggest

SHK4

Jan 12, 2022
Hi,

I am in same situation now. Do not know the next steps.Please help with the same.
I received the same email and sent them passports. There was no update in my online account regarding the submission of passport and that is normal.

You can send your passports to them for stamping.

BSinghDhadly

Feb 12, 2022
I received the same email and sent them passports. There was no update in my online account regarding the submission of passport and that is normal.

You can send your passports to them for stamping.
I have already sent my passports on December 21st ,2021 n still waiting for my visa n COPR

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hey Guys,

My query:

Thanks again in advance.
Hey, I'm in a similar situation. Assuming you are through with the process, just wanted to check with you on whats to be done. Should I wait for the letters to drop into my GCKey account?

SHK4

Jan 12, 2022
Hey, I'm in a similar situation. Assuming you are through with the process, just wanted to check with you on whats to be done. Should I wait for the letters to drop into my GCKey account?
Hello Vinoth

If you have applied for PR and this "ready for visa" email is regarding that you can send your passports.
You will not get any PPR letters in your GC account(online account) asking you to submit your passports.
In Fact there will be no update in your online account regarding the same.

I have received "ready for visa"email and sent by passport and got my application approved.
I did not get any passport submission letter in my online account(GC Key account).

SHK4

Jan 12, 2022
I have already sent my passports on December 21st ,2021 n still waiting for my visa n COPR
Hello BSinghDhadly

It's hard to hear that you had to go through this situation, I think you can email IRCC(the same email they have mentioned in ready for visa email) and ask them about the status. Also you can send them web form asking to confirm the receipt of your passport.

They are pretty responsive but they don't provide any timeline about when you might receive it back.

Hopefully you get it as soon as possible.
If you have applied online check your GC account for final decision(whether it is approved or not).

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hello Vinoth

If you have applied for PR and this "ready for visa" email is regarding that you can send your passports.
You will not get any PPR letters in your GC account(online account) asking you to submit your passports.
In Fact there will be no update in your online account regarding the same.

I have received "ready for visa"email and sent by passport and got my application approved.
I did not get any passport submission letter in my online account(GC Key account).
Thanks a bunch for your clarification. That really helps.

Just one other query. In the supplementary identification form where we mention the height and eye colour, there is a "Date of Permanent Residence" field. Do you know which exact date is that?

SHK4

Jan 12, 2022
Thanks a bunch for your clarification. That really helps.

Just one other query. In the supplementary identification form where we mention the height and eye colour, there is a "Date of Permanent Residence" field. Do you know which exact date is that?
Hi Vinoth

I don't remember filling supplementary identification form. So I am not sure what is that "Date of Permanent Residence" about.