+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is this email about "ready for Visa"

sr88

Mar 27, 2019
Hey I received a similar email from the same email address. Is this email legit or a scam?

Thank you.
It is a legit email. You will need to send them your passport. They will stamp a visa on your passport and you will also receive a COPR letter. You will need them to enter Canada the first time to initiate your PR card.

UnitedBaller

Jan 15, 2019
It is a legit email. You will need to send them your passport. They will stamp a visa on your passport and you will also receive a COPR letter. You will need them to enter Canada the first time to initiate your PR card.
Ohh nice, thanks a lot. So will I have an interview at that time? Do I have to take any documents?

Thanks.

sr88

Mar 27, 2019
I thinks it's more of a standard questionnaire rather than a full-on interview.
You will definitely need your COPR letter and Proof of Funds along with your Passport.
I haven't finished that process myself so maybe someone else can provide more input.

Reactions: Vank1628

emitremmus

Feb 5, 2019
Hi there,

I got that email yesterday and sent the prepaid envelope ect off today. I didn’t need to provide my passport.

How long does it take to receive back confirmation of PR ?

Thank you

Oma D

May 31, 2019
Hey guys, so I just got my PPR email and among the required documents is a completed and signed Annex A but there is no such attachment whatsoever and not in the mail either. Please does anyone have an insight on this and how did you go about it? Thanks

Quraf

Jan 26, 2019
Hey guys, so I just got my PPR email and among the required documents is a completed and signed Annex A but there is no such attachment whatsoever and not in the mail either. Please does anyone have an insight on this and how did you go about it? Thanks
Go to the very end of the email (after the French version), you should see a link for the full message. If you are using Gmail, it should look like this:

[Message clipped] View entire message

I hope it will help you.

d.jay55

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I just got my "Ready for visa" email. I had a few questions so it will be great if someone can answer these:
  1. I am residing in US. However, my address recently changed so the address I mentioned in my application now differs from my new address (both are US addresses). So can I fill my new address in the Annex A? Will that be an issue since they will see it is not the same US address they have in file?

2. In the email it was mentioned "The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A." so basically
    • I need to include a return envelope too along with the documents inside my main envelope right?
    • do I need to write my address on the return envelope?
    • Is there any specifications on the size of the envelopes?
    • Has anyone sent their passport from US to Canada and can suggest a reliable courier?
  3. The Annex A form is just pasted below the email. So how to send that? Should I just take a print of the whole "Ready for visa" email and then fill up the Annex A form with a pen, sign it and send the same? Can someone who did this tell me how they did?

4. Does my wife (secondary applicant) also need to sign the Annex A?

vamsic

Aug 26, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Hey Guys,

I just received a email as shown below, what step am I in now?

"Dear xxx xxxx,
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our department to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)"

Congratulations! I got a similar email on Monday but I have a few questions:

1. There is no update in my IRCC Secure Account. Is that normal?
2. How long does it take to stamp the visa and send us our passport back?
3. Is there any place where we can track the passport after it reaches them?

Last edited:

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Congratulations! I got a similar email on Monday but I have a few questions:

1. There is no update in my IRCC Secure Account. Is that normal?
2. How long does it take to stamp the visa and send us our passport back?
3. Is there any place where we can track the passport after it reaches them?
Hi Vamsic,

I also got an similar email today, but there no update in my IRCC account. Could you please help in letting if my know this email means that our application is approved and this email is for putting visa on our passport. Will they also issue COPR letter after this.

vamsic

Aug 26, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Hello Devesh,

Congratulations!

As long as the email is from
IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (or from the cic.gc.ca domain) you can go ahead and follow the instructions in the email and send your passport. In my case, the CIC account was updated a week after I sent the passport.

I got my passport back with the single-entry visa and the COPR papers 2 weeks after sending it.

All the best :)

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hello Devesh,

Congratulations!

As long as the email is from
IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (or from the cic.gc.ca domain) you can go ahead and follow the instructions in the email and send your passport. In my case, the CIC account was updated a week after I sent the passport.

I got my passport back with the single-entry visa and the COPR papers 2 weeks after sending it.

All the best :)
Thanks for your reply !!

Yes, the email is from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Could you also let me know if the COPR provides a tentative date by when we need to travel, like would it be valid for next 6 months.

vamsic

Aug 26, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
You can enter Canada before your single-entry visa expires. The validity is typically between 6 months to 1 year. The visa expiry date and the visa # will also be reflected in your CIC account after it is updated.

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
You can enter Canada before your single-entry visa expires. The validity is typically between 6 months to 1 year. The visa expiry date and the visa # will also be reflected in your CIC account after it is updated.
Thanks for sharing this info and your reply !!

mahesh88

Dec 9, 2019
how should we have to mention height and eye color as they asked in ready for visa e mail?where to mention?