+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is this Decision Made mean?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So i got decision made without pre arrival
Is it negative??
No, it doesn't necessarily mean that (although it could).

Don't freak out - not every office sends or every file gets sent pre-arrival. It's not a uniform procedure (unfortunately).

So I don't have numbers. I think in most cases IRCC sends rejections without decision made showing up beforehand (or with very short delay). But yes, in some cases, decision made may appear and a rejection/refusal letter after.

I believe this is rare. Just by sheer numbers (refusals are relatively low), and because a lot of applicants don't get pre-arrival even when accepted (or pre-arrival at same time or after even). But it does happen sometimes.

Important: you're wasting your time worrying about that (if it's happened to you). Worrying won't do anything.

Order your gcms notes and/or contact your mp to find out whatever you can about your file - those are things you can do that MIGHT be useful. Definitely more useful than just worrying.

And once again repeat: I think these cases (decision made without pre-arrival) are still pretty rare - and most of the time the applicant/sponsor would have some idea of problems with the file (like an interview that went badly, a procedural fairness letter, or some very serious red flags).