+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is this Decision Made mean?

char1es

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
We received FN on June 13. And when I checked today it showed decision made.

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process

When I click the Decision Made:

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXX on May 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 13, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 12, 2018.
Anyone knows? Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
The spousal sponsorship application has 2 parts......(1) Sponsor application to sponsor the PA......(2) PA application for PR.

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made.........means the Sponsor has either been Approved or not Approved......and in your case, its been Approved and that's why the PA application for PR status is IN-PROCESS.

Reactions: msb

char1es

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
With info from your AOR.......use the Sponsor and then the PA info to check the application status.......

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
Thanks Wakki. The thing confused me is the status showed decision made. But when I clicked decision made, there is no info about the sponsor has been approved. The latest is correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application has been sent on June 13 which is the email of the FN.

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Thanks Wakki. The thing confused me is the status showed decision made. But when I clicked decision made, there is no info about the sponsor has been approved. The latest is correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application has been sent on June 13 which is the email of the FN.
You will soon receive an email detailing that the sponsorship has been approved/denied (though reading your comments, I'm certain your sponsor has been approved). Once they send that email, then your ECAS will update with a comment stating that they sent you correspondence in regards to your sponsorship. Give it a few days to get the email and for it to update. :)

Reactions: Jessica_D and msb

char1es

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
You will soon receive an email detailing that the sponsorship has been approved/denied (though reading your comments, I'm certain your sponsor has been approved). Once they send that email, then your ECAS will update with a comment stating that they sent you correspondence in regards to your sponsorship. Give it a few days to get the email and for it to update. :)
Thanks MRS. Would like to link the application to my GIC account which has more detailed information than online check service, however, it has been linked to my representative. And it seems that one application can only link to one GIC account.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Thanks MRS. Would like to link the application to my GIC account which has more detailed information than online check service, however, it has been linked to my representative. And it seems that one application can only link to one GIC account.
You should login with the applicant account instead of yours the sponsor.
Sponsor approval is not something that takes long. The PR takes longerand that you will see it under the applicant side. You each get a F#

char1es

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
You should login with the applicant account instead of yours the sponsor.
Sponsor approval is not something that takes long. The PR takes longerand that you will see it under the applicant side. You each get a F#
How to open applicant account? I cannot link the paper application because I have representative.

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am sponsoring my wife who under family class. My wife has assigned me as her representative for the whole process.
Two days ago when I was checking CIC website to see the application status I found that

Sponsorship application status: Application Received
When I press on "Application Received" I get the following information.
- We received your application to sponsor xxxxx on May 8, 2018.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 6, 2018.
- We started processing your application on June 5, 2018.

Permanent residenc applicaiton status: In Process
When I press on "In Process" I get the following information.
- We received xxxxx's application for permanent residence on May 8, 2018.
- We started processing xxxxx's application on June 18, 2018.

My question is that is it usual o start processing the application of my wife before approve me to sponsor her? from what I understand they approve me first then they start process her application. Is it right?

I hope to hear back from you guys at your earliest convenience.
Thanks a lot

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Hello Guys,

I am sponsoring my wife who under family class. My wife has assigned me as her representative for the whole process.
Two days ago when I was checking CIC website to see the application status I found that

Sponsorship application status: Application Received
When I press on "Application Received" I get the following information.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 6, 2018.

My question is that is it usual o start processing the application of my wife before approve me to sponsor her? from what I understand they approve me first then they start process her application. Is it right?

Thanks a lot
They put both in process at the point of receipt, but "in process" for the PA's application means that they entered it into the system. The SA will get a decision made, then information will move forward with the PA (med request, any document requests, etc.).

Reactions: Little Pharaoh

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
They put both in process at the point of receipt, but "in process" for the PA's application means that they entered it into the system. The SA will get a decision made, then information will move forward with the PA (med request, any document requests, etc.).
Thanks a lot for your quick reply, it is appreciated.
My point it is that the date they started processing the sponsor application (June 5, 2018) is different from the date they started processing the presentment residence application ( June 18, 2018). Off course the receiving date is the same.

So they only started processing the principle applicant's application two days ago, however they started processing the sponsor's application on May 5th.
Does this mean the Sponsor was approved? or it could get disapproved at some point later?

Last edited:

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Thanks a lot for your quick reply, it is appreciated.
My point it is that the date they started processing the sponsor application (June 5, 2018) is different from the date they started processing the presentment residence application ( June 18, 2018). Off course the receiving date is the same.

So they only started processing the principle applicant's application two days ago, however they started processing the sponsor's application on May 5th.
Does this mean the Sponsor was approved? or it could get disapproved at some point later?
Does it say "Decision Made" on the link to the sponsor's application on ECAS? If not, then the application is not yet finished. In terms of when they start actual processing of documents, well....to be honest, it's basically whenever they start doing it. There's not a hard and fast timeline. Every agent has files that they're handling and it's based on when they actually get things entered in.

Reactions: Little Pharaoh

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
How to open applicant account? I cannot link the paper application because I have representative.
You cant then, only your representative can i believe.

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am sponsoring my wife under family class. My wife has assigned me as her representative for the whole process.
One week ago, the status was changed to

Sponsorship application status: Decision made
When I press on "Decision made" I get the following information.

Although the status was changed one week, ago, I did not receive any email to confirm whether I was approved to sponsor my wife or not?
My question is that is it usual to not receive any emails to clarify what was the decision?

Thanks

Little Pharaoh

Jan 16, 2018
Hello Guys,

I have a question. I am Canadian citizen and I am sponsoring my wife who chose me to be her representative during the whole process. It has been a month now since the status was update to decision made. The question is that I have not received any emails to notify what was the decision. Is it usual to not receive anything about the decision.

This is the most recent updates on CIC website:
Sponsorship application status: Decision made
When I press on "Decision made" I get the following information.

I hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.
Best regards,
Little Pharon.