+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is the right time to apply for May 2021 intake?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
I believe my profile is decent

I graduated in 2019 with bachelor of computer applications and scored 8.2 out 10. My IELTS score is 6.5(6.0). My program is PDD in Web and Mobile application Development at Langara college Vancouver. The program is completely relavent to my previous studies.

I hope this clears the picture.

Ummm Your profile is decent one and I strongly suggest you to apply for Master because you have time.

Reactions: Jasdeogan

Jasdeogan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Well best of luck.. you can also explain in your SOP that why you didn't choose Masters. Tell them the actual reason if you think it's necessary. I have seen visa success rate is very high in India regardless what degree they choose. You people have SDS which is also an advantage.

Most of the students in Bangladesh apply their visa with PGD gets refused. Almost 90 percent.
Yup I will apply in SDS category. I'm working on Sop, will be able to complete it by October.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Its bit late because I have already paid the fee. Langara is a good college though, what do you think?
College and University there are difference between value of education and reputation. If financially not strong then go for college and if your financial range is average then I highly recommended to go for universities.

Jasdeogan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
College and University there are difference between value of education and reputation. If financially not strong then go for college and if your financial range is average then I highly recommended to go for universities.
financials is problem. only college would fit in my budget.

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Hi guys! I have the same gap after my studies. Graduated in 2019 (bachelor in business administration, 87%) and I haven't been doing anything since then. Gave my IELTS (8) last year in October and have been studying for GMAT since this year. I'll be attending HEC Montreal in winter 2021. I submitted my study permit application on the 29th of september and I've mentioned that I've been preparing for further studies under the work experience tab. Do yall think that'd be okay? Dont wanna be rejected because i was doing nothing since the past year

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hi guys! I have the same gap after my studies. Graduated in 2019 (bachelor in business administration, 87%) and I haven't been doing anything since then. Gave my IELTS (8) last year in October and have been studying for GMAT since this year. I'll be attending HEC Montreal in winter 2021. I submitted my study permit application on the 29th of september and I've mentioned that I've been preparing for further studies under the work experience tab. Do yall think that'd be okay? Dont wanna be rejected because i was doing nothing since the past year
This is kinda dicey, you know? Especially when they consider work prospects in home country. So from what I understand, they also check whether you're currently employed in home country of residence. I have seen refusals based on "Current employment conditions" and prospects in home country of residence.

I hope you have cleared these questions in your SOP?

Reactions: Wh1teH0rsE

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
I mentioned I was working on my family business to grow. Nothing else
This is kinda dicey, you know? Especially when they consider work prospects in home country. So from what I understand, they also check whether you're currently employed in home country of residence. I have seen refusals based on "Current employment conditions" and prospects in home country of residence.

I hope you have cleared these questions in your SOP?

Jasdeogan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I have a question
Can I mention about my family business in my sop in light of gap from January2020 to the time I lodge my file before may 2021?

Jasdeogan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
As far as I know, you can only if it's a registered business and you need to show registration documents and ITR for it.
It is my uncle's business and yes registered one. We have gst number and fill tax return upto 3-4 crores. My uncle is supporting my foreign education as well. I hope this makes equation more clear?

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
It is my uncle's business and yes registered one. We have gst number and fill tax return upto 3-4 crores. My uncle is supporting my foreign education as well. I hope this makes equation more clear?
I think it should work, if he could write on his official letterhead that you were doing certain responsibilities under his business. This is about the gap part.

But I think keeping him as your sponsor may raise concerns. Can you not show your parents or siblings as sponsors?

Reactions: Wh1teH0rsE