+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the procedure to extend the Work Permit when I have the CSQ?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Dear altruist,

I am currently residing in Quebec, have CSQ and working full time. My work permit will be expired on Feb, 2018. I have already applied for PR and got the AOR. At this point, What is the procedure to extend the Work Permit when I have the CSQ?

Thanks in advance.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Thanks for the information.

According to the link-1, it illustrates no need to submit the LMO if someone
1. diploma in Québec and have been granted a post-graduation work permit
2. hold a valid job offer from a Québec employer

According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp it says, it can be done without LMO

Link 1: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/after-csq.html

I am confused :(

It is exactly the same as it would be without CSQ but with one exception: The offer of employment can be submitted as LMIA exempt under the code A75. So your employer will have to do the same 250 dollar payment and get the offer of employment number that you will need to fill into your WP application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/quebec/renewal.asp

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Oh, so you want an open work permit? Basically CSQ holders are not eligible for the bridging open work permit, but I know there are people on this forum who got lucky and managed it, but not everyone.... But the procedure definitely sounds like they got lucky and also an immigration officer who had no clue what they were doing, or decided to do it outside the book of rules.

Reactions: poisonapple

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Yeah. So for sure it is LMIA and CAQ exempt. But all information and procedures regarding whether you get an open work permit or just an employer-specific permit is very ambiguous. Maybe you should call CIC as well and report here. And ask them where on their webpage can we find this information, because it certainly is not clear at all from neither CIC nor Immigration Quebec that CSQ holders should be eligible for open work permits... And therefore many, including myself, do not even try to apply for anything else but the restricted work permit.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Yeah. So for sure it is LMIA and CAQ exempt. But all information and procedures regarding whether you get an open work permit or just an employer-specific permit is very ambiguous. Maybe you should call CIC as well and report here. And ask them where on their webpage can we find this information, because it certainly is not clear at all from neither CIC nor Immigration Quebec that CSQ holders should be eligible for open work permits... And therefore many, including myself, do not even try to apply for anything else but the restricted work permit.
thanks, would you please provide me the phone number that needs to call for the information.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
when i am applying for work permit online, it is asking for Personal reference code https://imgur.com/a/cF1jG

Where i will get this Personal reference code ? anyone applied online to extend open Work permit ???

Thanks in advance

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Personal reference code is something you get when you complete the Come to Canada or EE wizard mentioned in the picture. The wizard creates a document list based on your answers, and the list has a reference number. When you start the actual online application, you plug the number in and it automatically creates the section for documents you need to provide.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Hi all,

For work permit extension (when you have CSQ and your PR in progress) IMM5710E is the appropriate file to fill it up?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
For the online application, i have got the following document checklist.

1. Offer of Employment (required)
2. Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required) --> I believe PNC and CSQ are the same in Quebec. Am i right?
3. Certificat de Selection du Québec (CSQ) (required)
4. Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required) {{Description: Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.}} ---->>> Any idea what is that?
5. Passport (required)
6. Digital photo (required)
7. Proof of medical exam (required)
8. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) {{{{{ If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification. Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.}}}}}}
---->>> Any idea what is that?

thanks in advance.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the online application, i have got the following document checklist.

1. Offer of Employment (required)
2. Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required) --> I believe PNC and CSQ are the same in Quebec. Am i right?
3. Certificat de Selection du Québec (CSQ) (required)
4. Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required) {{Description: Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.}} ---->>> Any idea what is that?
5. Passport (required)
6. Digital photo (required)
7. Proof of medical exam (required)
8. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) {{{{{ If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification. Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.}}}}}}
---->>> Any idea what is that?

thanks in advance.
Hi did you get any updates on this. I am in urgent need of doing the same.

Thank you,

Oomidmehr

Feb 15, 2019
Hi,

I have a WP post diplôme, I got my CSQ , I reside in QUEBEC, so I would be exempte for LMIA. but when I want to apply online they ask me to have a LMIA and if not I should wait to get my LMIA. is there anyone here and have the same probleme. how we shoild answer the questions for eligibility ?