+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is the "Option C printout"?

closer

Sep 2, 2009
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. What is the "option C printout" and what is it for?
I am a Canadian Citizen and am sponsoring my wife who is a US resident. I am currently unemployed because i went back to school to finish my studies but I will definitely get a part time job soon.

thank you.

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
not sure what it is EXACTLY, but its a paper that revenue canada gives you and gives some sort of details about your income/taxes.
just call revenue canada and ask them to mail it to you.

Zainee

May 25, 2009
closer said:
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. What is the "option C printout" and what is it for?
I am a Canadian Citizen and am sponsoring my wife who is a US resident. I am currently unemployed because i went back to school to finish my studies but I will definitely get a part time job soon.

thank you.
In the application kit there is a toll free number 1800-959-8281 that you can call and order option C. It is basically your tax "Notice of Assessment" of last year. As long as you have filed your tax for last year, it should be good. Income guideline in not applicable for sponsoring spouse. You don't need to meet the income requirement for sponsoring spouse. I had zero income, and they approved me. So no worries at all. All you need is to prove your relationship in genuine. That's all. Good luck.

bmh

Jul 29, 2009
Zainee did you have a good reason for your zero income? My income is also lower than it should have been, just wondering if I should justify myself or write in my income without an explanation.

Zainee

May 25, 2009
bmh said:
Zainee did you have a good reason for your zero income? My income is also lower than it should have been, just wondering if I should justify myself or write in my income without an explanation.

Actually I sponsored my husband and he is the one that supports me. I did send my Canada bank balance, but other than that nothing. I was told by customer service that I don't need to worry about it. Meeting income guideline in not necessary for sponsoring spouse.

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
hi,

My husband is wondering on how can he apply for his income last year... is it the T4????

His currently employed but in an agency... Shall he ask for his t4 for this year also??

thanks

closer

Sep 2, 2009
Hey all,

Is the option C printout the exactly the same as the Notice of Assessment we receive after tax time?
I have already called CRA to give me and it I was told that it was going to take 4-6weeks to arrive in mail.
Our forms are almost ready and I do not feel like waiting that long to submit them.

My thinking is, if it is exactly the same letter, then i guess I can submit the one I had received after tax time and just keep the one that is coming in 4-6 weeks as referrence. . . Is this also true???

Thanks for your replies. ..

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
it might have the same info but the title of it says "option c" so they can be picky and request the actual doc.
i was told couple weeks and got it in 5 days. depends where you live tho but if you are anywhere in canada there is no reason why it would take 4-6 weeks, I'd say 10 days max.

closer

Sep 2, 2009
thank you..I really hope it wouldn't take that long too...The CRA agent told me that it's coming from Ottawa but my mailing address is just here in Mississauga, On.

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
Call CRA and ask them how long it takes to recieve it...and if they say 4 to 6 weeks tell them to send another one....

i ordered mine a 2 weeks ago and got it last week...so its 10 business days for sure

TJ

bmh

Jul 29, 2009
I got my Option C printout but have noticed that it doesnt say "Option C printout" anywhere on the form??? It does say "Income Tax Return Information-Regular"

Is this the right form??? Has anyone gotten it back saying what mine says?
thanks!

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
I got the same thing, so guessing its correct

jomar13

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my Option C printout but have noticed that it doesnt say "Option C printout" anywhere on the form??? It does say "Income Tax Return Information-Regular"

Is this the right form??? Has anyone gotten it back saying what mine says?
thanks!
I got the same thing as well, i already passed the sponsorhsip application to cpc-m, ill just wait for their approval to sponsor.