+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the most common way that CIC contacts you?

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Hello,
I was just wondering, what is the most common way that CIC contacts people? I, being the sponsor, have only been contacted via post. So far, no emails and no phone calls. I don't think I will be contacted by them anymore, but how will my husband (the applicant) be contacted? Do they tend to call for interviews, email, or contact the applicant by post?

Thank you

C

cowtown gal

I think it depends on the VO and why they're contacting you. My husband got his PPR via email through London. The only I received from anyone was my approval of sponsorship letter via post from Mississauga.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, the VO phoned me when replying a email that I had sent.

miguelre

Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we were contacted by phone, mail, and email. they called me for my passport request and everything else was regular mail or email.

saludos!

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
we've been contacted mostly by e-mail and mail only. No phone calls so far!

dhdesigns

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a very good question which I have been mulling about for a while. We have only been contacted in writing by mail so far:
Sponsor approval,
AOR with file number stickers
Letter waiving interview, saying docs are complete, confirming medical was done but awaiting results being sent to Buffalo.

SO, given all of this, it seems like a lot of people get the PPR by email - should we expect that or would it be more likely to come by post?

Thanks!