+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the latest virtual landing process for inland applicants?

violet.smith

Oct 28, 2020
Hello guys, does anyone know about the latest virtual landing process for inland applicants? I received CoPR in January which only asked me to print it out and mail it back with a photo for PR card issuance. It doesn't give any instructions about virtual landing. And I didn't get any phone call or email for virtual landing either. Has IRCC cancelled landing step completely for inland applicants?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello guys, does anyone know about the latest virtual landing process for inland applicants? I received CoPR in January which only asked me to print it out and mail it back with a photo for PR card issuance. It doesn't give any instructions about virtual landing. And I didn't get any phone call or email for virtual landing either. Has IRCC cancelled landing step completely for inland applicants?
I think through a portal specified for your case however cannot be sure
Check below

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/12/new-online-portal-expedites-permanent-residence-landings-1216478.html

violet.smith

Oct 28, 2020

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
No, it says to use the portal IRCC will "send you an invitation to confirm whether or not you want to use the portal, your email address and all email addresses for each person on the application". But I didn't receive any invitation to use the portal.
Oh i see honestly i am a decayed outlander myself waiting for any ray of update however try a specific case inquiry form

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
I've submitted one and am waiting for a response. However, many earlier threads regarding virtual landing said the applicants asked very case-specific inquiries but only got generic replies. Same with calling by phone.:(
I think IRCC are holding back on every action
PPR
COPR
Travelling and PR validation
Even vaccination!!

Just allow some time and they should spark soon. They are still alive i hope

Please keep us updated

GL

violet.smith

Oct 28, 2020
I think IRCC are holding back on every action
PPR
COPR
Travelling and PR validation
Even vaccination!!

Just allow some time and they should spark soon. They are still alive i hope

Please keep us updated

GL
yeah. feeling so chaotic and clueless

Nonamepr2021

Jan 28, 2021
You are a permanent resident as of the day you were sent the COPR letter. Different visa offices are completing inland application differently. Some are using the portal some send letter with COPR. You don’t have to do anything other than send photos for PR card. Congratulations!

violet.smith

Oct 28, 2020
You are a permanent resident as of the day you were sent the COPR letter. Different visa offices are completing inland application differently. Some are using the portal some send letter with COPR. You don’t have to do anything other than send photos for PR card. Congratulations!
I see. Thank you. Mine is from Etobicoke office, btw. I guess that office is still using the COPR letter approach. I do prefer portal, though. Heard that way is much quicker in issuing PR card

violet.smith

Oct 28, 2020
Sorry, there is another question, though. In my IRCC account, there is a table showing the document # of my COPR and indicates its expiry date, which is June 2021. Do I have to worry about this expiry date? What if my PR card is not delivered before that date?

Nonamepr2021

Jan 28, 2021
Sorry, there is another question, though. In my IRCC account, there is a table showing the document # of my COPR and indicates its expiry date, which is June 2021. Do I have to worry about this expiry date? What if my PR card is not delivered before that date?
No you don’t have you worry about any expiry dates. The letter that was sent to your email is valid for a year and is proof that you are a PR. You can use it to get your permanent SIN and new health card/drivers licence. Mail that letter along with a passport photo to the Etobicoke office for your PR card as indicated in your PR letter.

violet.smith

Oct 28, 2020
No you don’t have you worry about any expiry dates. The letter that was sent to your email is valid for a year and is proof that you are a PR. You can use it to get your permanent SIN and new health card/drivers licence. Mail that letter along with a passport photo to the Etobicoke office for your PR card as indicated in your PR letter.
OK. I have already done that. Now just waiting for the card to be mailed. Thank you for your replies.