+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the first activity after e-APR-AOR (FSW)?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
It's been 26 days and no movement in my profile. AFAIK, there is nothing for 26 days

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
techLover said:
What is the first activity after e-APR-AOR? In how many days it take place?
Medicals passed is the first activity. Don't know how long it takes but usually more than a month.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
As per current timeline in the tracker, don't expect medical to pass before day 52 if you are FSW!

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
johnsyk said:
As per current timeline in the tracker, don't expect medical to pass before day 52 if you are FSW!
Oh is it? That sucks! I knew this ITA blast is going to negatively affect processing times.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Tatya_Vinchu said:
Oh is it? That sucks! I knew this ITA blast is going to negatively affect processing times.
If they havent hired additional staff, they will not stcik to their timelines.

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
I'd rather they invite fewer people and process applications faster than invite huge amount of people having everyone waiting for months and months.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
argieargie said:
I'd rather they invite fewer people and process applications faster than invite huge amount of people having everyone waiting for months and months.
Cut offs can get lower only if they do big draws. Since they are bringing down the cutoff, they are doing big daws.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
xpressentry said:
If they havent hired additional staff, they will not stcik to their timelines.
I disagree. They have always been processing 250,000+ applicants. Earlier it was paper.Now it is EE. The numbers haven't changed much. We think its a lot because all of it is coming through EE compared to earlier where we had no idea about the massive number of paper applicants.

Even though it is taking 50 days to clear medicals, the current trend is that they are still giving COPR before their stated 6 months timeline. Most seem to be getting between 4 and 5 months. So I think they will still stick to their 6 months promise. It looks that way for now.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
johnsyk said:
I disagree. They have always been processing 250,000+ applicants. Earlier it was paper.Now it is EE. The numbers haven't changed much. We think its a lot because all of it is coming through EE compared to earlier where we had no idea about the massive number of paper applicants.

Even though it is taking 50 days to clear medicals, the current trend is that they are still giving COPR before their stated 6 months timeline. Most seem to be getting between 4 and 5 months. So I think they will still stick to their 6 months promise. It looks that way for now.
I am afraid, it would be difficult to keep 6 months promise for some busiest VO like LVO because of very huge number of ITA per month.....

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
techLover said:
I am afraid, it would be difficult to keep 6 months promise for some busiest VO like LVO because of very huge number of ITA per month.....
Check the EE report for 2016. They have mentioned that draws were smaller because they need to process paper based applications. So even in last year, they were doing like 3k+ applications per draw on an average. And it is pretty obvious that digital applications would be much easier to process than paper based. There will be many automated tools available for adjudication.

By the by, how does one find out the visa office for their application?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
DEEPCUR said:
Check the EE report for 2016. They have mentioned that draws were smaller because they need to process paper based applications. So even in last year, they were doing like 3k+ applications per draw on an average. And it is pretty obvious that digital applications would be much easier to process than paper based. There will be many automated tools available for adjudication.

By the by, how does one find out the visa office for their application?
Initially your application will be in Ottawa CIO and at some point during the second Background change, it moves to Local VO. Best option is to call CIC at about 2 - 3 months stage or get GCMS notes to find your local VO.

Apr 18, 2017
I see. Mine has only been 37 days, so it is still normal to not observe any changes in medical check, correct? I'm also in FSW-O stream, by the way.