+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the equivalency of CIMA (Finalist) , UK by WES Canada?

sanXD10

Nov 21, 2019
Hi,

Have you completed all the exams including TOP CIMA? And did you solve this issue?

Please let me know, as I also have the same qulification. (Top CIMA completed - Not a member)

Thank you
I'm a CIMA passed finalist (TOP CIMA), back in 2013, I sent the certificates to WES and CIMA UK have released the transcripts as well. should i ensure that my CIMA profile is active? i have not activated my profile and not a member. would that be a problem.

sanXD10

Nov 21, 2019
Yes, completed Top CIMA. WES evaluated it as a bachelors and a diploma for the advanced level cer
I'm a CIMA passed finalist (TOP CIMA), back in 2013, I sent the certificates to WES and CIMA UK have released the transcripts as well. should i ensure that my CIMA profile is active? i have not activated my profile as in not a subscription paying student since i completed back in 2013 and not a member of CIMA. would subscription not paid in order to be active be a problem in successful WES Outcome?

Sid1989

Aug 23, 2019
I'm a CIMA passed finalist (TOP CIMA), back in 2013, I sent the certificates to WES and CIMA UK have released the transcripts as well. should i ensure that my CIMA profile is active? i have not activated my profile as in not a subscription paying student since i completed back in 2013 and not a member of CIMA. would subscription not paid in order to be active be a problem in successful WES Outcome?
No it won't be a problem. It will be evaluated as advanced diploma.

Dumindu

Aug 12, 2019
I
I'm a CIMA passed finalist (TOP CIMA), back in 2013, I sent the certificates to WES and CIMA UK have released the transcripts as well. should i ensure that my CIMA profile is active? i have not activated my profile and not a member. would that be a problem.
WES evaluated mine as two years of undergraduate study and not equivalent to completed course as per Canadian perspective. I'm gonna try again after getting the ACMA. This is fyi. Let me know your outcome as well. Thanks

Reactions: sanXD10

Chinthi

Feb 7, 2020
Yes, completed Top CIMA. WES evaluated it as a bachelors and a diploma for the advanced level cer
What did you mentioned in th Name of the diploma/certificate section ?? Did u mention as CIMA passed finalist or Advanced Diploma in MA

sanXD10

Nov 21, 2019
I

WES evaluated mine as two years of undergraduate study and not equivalent to completed course as per Canadian perspective. I'm gonna try again after getting the ACMA. This is fyi. Let me know your outcome as well. Thanks
WES only evaluated only up-to advance diploma even though i had completed Top CIMA (Not an active member). however i was granted a 3 year undergraduate degree equivalency.

Ishi777

Feb 27, 2020
WES only evaluated only up-to advance diploma even though i had completed Top CIMA (Not an active member). however i was granted a 3 year undergraduate degree equivalency.
Hi Sanjeevc
I am part qualified and looking at sending to WES. Is there any possibility you could share the WES certificate?

sanXD10

Nov 21, 2019
Hi Sanjeevc
I am part qualified and looking at sending to WES. Is there any possibility you could share the WES certificate?
before claiming for part qualified it's better to complete the CIMA full qualification and then claim. some times if you are part qualified and no other CIMA level completed, you may be granted two year diploma. in my case since i had completed the qualification but not gained the membership i was awarded three year degree equivalency, if i had taken the ACMA membership additionally i would have got four year degree equivalency. so it's different case by case.!!

waqasiqbaal

Oct 12, 2016
Hi All,

As per my experience these below are the Wes equivalencies;

*ACMA - 4 years bachelors degree
*Top CIMA (passed finalists/completed strategy) - 3 years bachelors
*Adv. diploma in mgt accounting (completed management level case study) - again its 3 year’s bachelors
*diploma in mgt accounting (completed operational level) - 2 year diploma

So completing ACMA or even starategic level doesn’t add points in as adv. diploma in cima will be 3 years degree.

Hope this helps!
are you sure about these equivalencies by WES? my wife has already for 4 years bechelors based on her ACCA. now she is going to take management case study to get the adv diploma certificate. Will she be awarded 3 years bachelors? So that we could get CRS points for two or more degrees. please advice. thanks

Sid1989

Aug 23, 2019
are you sure about these equivalencies by WES? my wife has already for 4 years bechelors based on her ACCA. now she is going to take management case study to get the adv diploma certificate. Will she be awarded 3 years bachelors? So that we could get CRS points for two or more degrees. please advice. thanks
Yes, if you get the adv. Dip certificate then its equal to 3 years. So you will be eligible for two or more degrees.

Ash1992

Oct 18, 2020
Hi All,

As per my experience these below are the Wes equivalencies;

*ACMA - 4 years bachelors degree
*Top CIMA (passed finalists/completed strategy) - 3 years bachelors
*Adv. diploma in mgt accounting (completed management level case study) - again its 3 year’s bachelors
*diploma in mgt accounting (completed operational level) - 2 year diploma

So completing ACMA or even starategic level doesn’t add points in as adv. diploma in cima will be 3 years degree.

Hope this helps!
Hi there, is this confirmed? I have done up to Managerial Level exams in CIMA and obtained Adv. Diploma. How does this count?

Ayesha11

Nov 10, 2020
Hey. I want to apply in canada for a diploma. Im currently doing CImA. So can I continue my cima in canada as well by attempting my papers over there or its gonna violate my study permit regulations?

Reactions: MSB@98

MSB@98

Dec 25, 2020
Hey. I want to apply in canada for a diploma. Im currently doing CImA. So can I continue my cima in canada as well by attempting my papers over there or its gonna violate my study permit regulations?
Hi
Did you get any more info on this..?
Looking forward to hearing from you soonest!

Ayesha11

Nov 10, 2020
Hi
Did you get any more info on this..?
Looking forward to hearing from you soonest!
Unfortunately no one from here answered any of my questions but I been talking to few people about it and they have different perspectives about it like they say its a study permit and as it is not specified for a certain program so yes I may attempt exams with the study permit students can learn skills if they want and when it comes to a professional guide so one of them said I can attempt if its online and there was one of them said I can even attempt in their exam centres. As a lot of people still don't have knowledge about what CImA is so they can't really answer my question and all these answers I got after explaining them what exactly CImA is .

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Unfortunately no one from here answered any of my questions but I been talking to few people about it and they have different perspectives about it like they say its a study permit and as it is not specified for a certain program so yes I may attempt exams with the study permit students can learn skills if they want and when it comes to a professional guide so one of them said I can attempt if its online and there was one of them said I can even attempt in their exam centres. As a lot of people still don't have knowledge about what CImA is so they can't really answer my question and all these answers I got after explaining them what exactly CImA is .
Do you know any courses in Canada that can be taken for a CIMA finalist?