+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the equivalency of CIMA (Finalist) , UK by WES Canada?

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hi,
I would like to know if completing ACMA add any value to the to the category of education equivalency. I read a few posts which said, CIMA passed finalist is considered as a 3 year bachelors.

I want to know if ACMA adds any value or still it will be considered as a 3 year bachelors.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
I'm not entirely sure, but from what I've observed on this forum, I can deduce that it would probably be bachelors of 3 years.

ACMA is continuation of CIMA or what?

ICP

Sep 16, 2017
If you are a ACMA then it's a 4 year bachelor's degree (what I got from WES), so it could 3 year for past finalist

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
If you are a ACMA then it's a 4 year bachelor's degree (what I got from WES), so it could 3 year for past finalist
Thanks for the reply. So how many points did you get for the 4 year Bachelors degree by WES when you created your profile? Any added value than a 3 year bachelors? I’m asking this to complete ACMA IF IT adds points.

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
So with an ACMA will it be considered under "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"?

ICP

Sep 16, 2017
Thanks for the reply. So how many points did you get for the 4 year Bachelors degree by WES when you created your profile? Any added value than a 3 year bachelors? I’m asking this to complete ACMA IF IT adds points.
If you have another bachelor degree , plus ACMA then you can claim 2 certificates. Which increased points
So with an ACMA will it be considered under "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"?
The whole CIMA/ACMA was evaluated as one qualification ( 4 year bachelor's)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashsha

Salah19

Dec 26, 2018
Hi

One question regarding the CIMA equivalence in canada, I got the CIMA by passing only the strategy case study and exempted for the other modules I don't know if I m be eligible for having CPA Canada or not, please any body can answer me. Many thanks.

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I received this from WES. Really worried they mentioning my completed CIMA as Advanced Diploma plus they didn't accept my final certificate.
Please help!!

1. Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, United Kingdom
Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting, 2014
Examination Results |
Accepted
Final Certificate |
Not Accepted

Reason: The documents sent to WES do not indicate your graduation date or the date of your degree conferral. WES requires proof that your degree has been awarded.

Instructions: Please send WES a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate. OR, you can ask your awarding institution to send WES a written statement confirming the date of your graduation or degree conferral OR to complete and send this WES Confirmation of Degree Conferral Form. This should be sent in a sealed envelope that is stamped or signed across the back flap by the appropriate official. Refer to Required Documents.

MREZA1988

Feb 20, 2019
I received this from WES. Really worried they mentioning my completed CIMA as Advanced Diploma plus they didn't accept my final certificate.
Please help!!

Examination Results |
Accepted
Final Certificate |
Not Accepted

Reason: The documents sent to WES do not indicate your graduation date or the date of your degree conferral. WES requires proof that your degree has been awarded.

Instructions: Please send WES a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate. OR, you can ask your awarding institution to send WES a written statement confirming the date of your graduation or degree conferral OR to complete and send this WES Confirmation of Degree Conferral Form. This should be sent in a sealed envelope that is stamped or signed across the back flap by the appropriate official. Refer to Required Documents.
Hi, did you figure the reason for this?

sagarkumar9

Jun 22, 2019
Please help!!

Examination Results |
Accepted
Final Certificate |
Not Accepted

I believe you are not member just a qualified or part qualified?

Dumindu

Aug 12, 2019
Hi,

Have you completed all the exams including TOP CIMA? And did you solve this issue?

Please let me know, as I also have the same qulification. (Top CIMA completed - Not a member)

Thank you

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hi,

Have you completed all the exams including TOP CIMA? And did you solve this issue?

Please let me know, as I also have the same qulification. (Top CIMA completed - Not a member)

Thank you
Yes, completed Top CIMA. WES evaluated it as a bachelors and a diploma for the advanced level cer

Sid1989

Aug 23, 2019
Hi All,

As per my experience these below are the Wes equivalencies;

*ACMA - 4 years bachelors degree
*Top CIMA (passed finalists/completed strategy) - 3 years bachelors
*Adv. diploma in mgt accounting (completed management level case study) - again its 3 year’s bachelors
*diploma in mgt accounting (completed operational level) - 2 year diploma

So completing ACMA or even starategic level doesn’t add points in as adv. diploma in cima will be 3 years degree.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Ashsha

adeelakram5

Jan 9, 2016
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-1-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
Hi All,

Background:
I landed in Canada in 2018 with 3 papers to clear to be eligible for CIMA Membership. Started CIMA in 2012 by awailing 5 exemptions of Certificate in Business Accounting. I have passed all of the papers except the first 5 where exemptions were claimed under 2010 syllabus.

Question:
Am I eligible to get CPA, CMA designation based on my CIMA membership? The aspect I am not sure about is that CPA website clearly states that for MRA to be effective a candidate "must have qualified as a member by completing the entire CIMA certification program". My only issue is that i claimed exemptions of the first