+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the age limit to study in canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR Since ur replies are so helpful...I 'd like tonpresent my case..
I m a prfessional merchant Navigator( 2nd officer/ seaman). I m 29 and planning to study in Canada within a year( I ll b 30). I hvn't got dip or degree.I have only High school dip and under gratuade cert ( Both have been approved by WES as same as canadian ).Since being a seaman is not my dream, i m planning to change my carrier and plan to study under graduate dip or degree in Canada.possible Finance related.

My question is
"is there any problem for study permit regarding abt my age & my edu background? "
No your age alone won’t result in a denial it is the whole picture that counts. It may be difficult but you will have to show why you want to study finance and why you want to change careers. Also why you need to study in Canada even though you will return to your home country after your studies. On top of that you need to show you have strong ties to your home country and that you have the savings to pay for tuition and living expenses.

Aung Pyaesone

Sep 9, 2018
yangon
No your age alone won’t result in a denial it is the whole picture that counts. It may be difficult but you will have to show why you want to study finance and why you want to change careers. Also why you need to study in Canada even though you will return to your home country after your studies. On top of that you need to show you have strong ties to your home country and that you have the savings to pay for tuition and living expenses.
Thx u for ur reply...The reason is very simple and obvious for me.Seaman life is boredom and hard...when i was a single. everyday was adventurous. Since i got married , i wanna spend my time with my family.On top of that...it s not my dream job aside from money matters. In this case , i have to chage my career and have to study new path.In my country , we dun have proper finance institute.Study abroad is the only solution.Cost of studying in Singapore and Canada is not quite different.That s why , i choose canada. I can cover all my cost for 3 yr of study in canada without doing part time job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thx u for ur reply...The reason is very simple and obvious for me.Seaman life is boredom and hard...when i was a single. everyday was adventurous. Since i got married , i wanna spend my time with my family.On top of that...it s not my dream job aside from money matters. In this case , i have to chage my career and have to study new path.In my country , we dun have proper finance institute.Study abroad is the only solution.Cost of studying in Singapore and Canada is not quite different.That s why , i choose canada. I can cover all my cost for 3 yr of study in canada without doing part time job.
Bringing your family may not be possible. 3 year degree in Finance. If you want to get into finance I would go for a commerce degree from a university that is 4 years.

Apr 4, 2020
I am also 46 years old age and want to go Canada for higher studies with 24 years study gap and with the same period job experience on Managerial level so it is possible to apply for study visa or not?

WR ACCA

Oct 25, 2018
Hi, I want to pursue masters in Canada but I am afraid of my age and study gap; I am 40 and I graduated 14 years back. Please advise is it feasible to get study visa or just wastage of time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I want to pursue masters in Canada but I am afraid of my age and study gap; I am 40 and I graduated 14 years back. Please advise is it feasible to get study visa or just wastage of time?
It is possible but it must make sense based on your work and education history and must lead to career advancement. It also must be logical given your current family situation although for a masters from most public universities there is less scrutiny about whether it makes sense to spend a large sum of money if you have a family especially as the primary income earner.

Reactions: WR ACCA

WR ACCA

Oct 25, 2018
It is possible but it must make sense based on your work and education history and must lead to career advancement. It also must be logical given your current family situation although for a masters from most public universities there is less scrutiny about whether it makes sense to spend a large sum of money if you have a family especially as the primary income earner.
Thanks for your res.
So if masters matches with my profession and I have heavy assets back in my home country to prove my affiliation, can I get visa easily ? Or should I look Aon alternates like bus visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your res.
So if masters matches with my profession and I have heavy assets back in my home country to prove my affiliation, can I get visa easily ? Or should I look Aon alternates like bus visa?
Your choice of course would need to lead to career advancement so for example you have been working in management for 5 years yet you want to do an MBA that wouldn’t likely lead to career advancement. Perhaps if you did a top rated MBA but otherwise you are already on the management pathway so there wasn’t the need to do the MBA. In terms of funds if you have a family, are the sole income earner and are applying for a post grad diploma in Canada that will use most of your savings there will definitely be concerns that you aren’t a genuine student. It wouldn’t make sense to spend so much money knowing you have the responsibility of caring for your family. A degree at home for a fraction of the price would make more sense. In order to get approved for a study permit you have to show that you have plans to return home to use your education. This is one of the issues you must address in your SOP.

Can’t comment which would be the best way for you to come to Canada.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Thanks for your res.
As per my knowledge and my agents opinion more than 5 yrs gap makes it difficult to get admission in masters.

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Bookkeeper is different than an accountant. You will likely be looking at smaller companies or setting up your own business and and doing the books for various clients who are usually small businesses. That is if you get immigration.
Hi, I am a CA inter from india, I am waiting for my PR. You seem to have good knowledge about finance related issues. Can you help me out ?
I am working as a finance executive in a big mnc in india. IfI want a good paying job in canada, how can I start from here, as indian CA degree is no valid there. Can I get job basis on my work experience of more than 5 years ? or I have to do cpa ??

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi, I am a CA inter from india, I am waiting for my PR. You seem to have good knowledge about finance related issues. Can you help me out ?
I am working as a finance executive in a big mnc in india. IfI want a good paying job in canada, how can I start from here, as indian CA degree is no valid there. Can I get job basis on my work experience of more than 5 years ? or I have to do cpa ??
Very hard for foreigners and even PRs to get finance jobs in Canada as it is already a crowded market. Most that end up getting positions do a Canadian Master's

naeembadil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
I am 47 years and canadian citizen and wanna get admission in undergraduate aeronautical engineering, is it possible. If possible then what could be the fee ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am 47 years and canadian citizen and wanna get admission in undergraduate aeronautical engineering, is it possible. If possible then what could be the fee ?
Aren’t you a citizen? You say “I”. Fees depend on university. You may get admission if eligible. Bigger issue is getting study permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are a Canadian citizen, then you will pay domestic tuition fees. You will need to look these up on the websites of the universities you are interested in attending.

None of us can tell you if you will be admitted to the program or not. Again, you'll need to review the application requirements on the websites of the universities you are interested in attending and then apply.

Good luck.

Reactions: canuck78