+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the age limit to study in canada

Katroud

Jun 25, 2016
I intended to study in canada in a college but alreday had a degree with substantial working experience as a civil engineer. But i am 39yrs old with the intention of getting a PR via PNP or CEC as the case it may be. But my idea is to go along with my family as I study, while my wife which is much younger than I will work and as well as continue a degree course if necessary with the view of projecting her as the primary applicant if needs be. Please can you advice and comments if either of this strategy can earn me some chances of getting PR.?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
From high school to 40 years old
This is a bit unusual. In general you have to show that it makes sense based on your previous education, work history, family status and finances. If you are 40 with a family and are a single breadwinner it would not make sense to move to Canada to do a basic diploma and spend all your savings. That screams immigration. If you wanted to do a PhD that would make sense.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I was single at the time and the course did make sense compared to my work life. Worked in IT, course was in networking.

Gentlepal

Feb 21, 2019
Good day pls as a married 35 years old applicant is it possible to submit my personal account together with my sponsor? Please advice . Thanks

FayzaKhan

Jun 26, 2019
I am 40 yrs old and finished my studies in my country in 2000 since then I am working.Now I want to apply for study visa for doing some related courses in my field.What are the chances of study visa acceptance as most of consultants saying that due to study gap chances r very less

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
H
I am 40 yrs old and finished my studies in my country in 2000 since then I am working.Now I want to apply for study visa for doing some related courses in my field.What are the chances of study visa acceptance as most of consultants saying that due to study gap chances r very less
Has nothing to do with the study gap but it has to do with whether it makes sense for you to pursue a degree at this point in your life based on your previous education and work history. Your choice of program would have to lead to career advancement. Also has to do with your family situation. It doesn’t make a ton of sense to return to school, especially abroad, if you are the sole breadwinner of a family. The expense would have to be justified. Would point out that families are not guaranteed visas and permits to accompany the international student to Canada. Have you applied to immigrate or to work in Canada in the past? That could show that you are not a genuine student. CIC is not stupid so they do realize that many international students aren’t genuine students but it is harder to convince CIC that you are a genuine student as a 40 year old especially with a family.

FayzaKhan

Jun 26, 2019
H

Has nothing to do with the study gap but it has to do with whether it makes sense for you to pursue a degree at this point in your life based on your previous education and work history. Your choice of program would have to lead to career advancement. Also has to do with your family situation. It doesn’t make a ton of sense to return to school, especially abroad, if you are the sole breadwinner of a family. The expense would have to be justified. Would point out that families are not guaranteed visas and permits to accompany the international student to Canada. Have you applied to immigrate or to work in Canada in the past? That could show that you are not a genuine student. CIC is not stupid so they do realize that many international students aren’t genuine students but it is harder to convince CIC that you are a genuine student as a 40 year old especially with a family.
Thanks for your response.I am single and have never applied for work or immigration to canada in past.Neither i am the sole bread earner of family.I have masters in nutrition and dietetics so i want to pursue nutrition management courses in Canada.I have already more than 15 years of work experience in dietetics.I would also be interested in higher education opportunities in Canada but course fee for higher studies is quite high thats why i may unable to afford it at the moment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response.I am single and have never applied for work or immigration to canada in past.Neither i am the sole bread earner of family.I have masters in nutrition and dietetics so i want to pursue nutrition management courses in Canada.I have already more than 15 years of work experience in dietetics.I would also be interested in higher education opportunities in Canada but course fee for higher studies is quite high thats why i may unable to afford it at the moment.
As long as you choice of programs make sense and you meet the financial requirement you have the same chance as other students. The program must lead to more career opportunities.

Sayed786

Sep 10, 2018
Hi i would like to know when i have work permit after how many month i can take my spouse in Canada and please advice.

Aung Pyaesone

Sep 9, 2018
yangon
First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR Since ur replies are so helpful...I 'd like tonpresent my case..
I m a prfessional merchant Navigator( 2nd officer/ seaman). I m 29 and planning to study in Canada within a year( I ll b 30). I hvn't got dip or degree.I have only High school dip and under gratuade cert ( Both have been approved by WES as same as canadian ).Since being a seaman is not my dream, i m planning to change my carrier and plan to study under graduate dip or degree in Canada.possible Finance related.

My question is
"is there any problem for study permit regarding abt my age & my edu background? "

Aung Pyaesone

Sep 9, 2018
yangon
First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR Since ur replies are so helpful...I 'd like tonpresent my case..
I m a prfessional merchant Navigator( 2nd officer/ seaman). I m 29 and planning to study in Canada within a year( I ll b 30). I hvn't got dip or degree.I have only High school dip and under gratuade cert ( Both have been approved by WES as same as canadian ).Since being a seaman is not my dream, i m planning to change my carrier and plan to study under graduate dip or degree in Canada.possible Finance related.

My question is
"is there any problem for study permit regarding abt my age & my edu background? "

Others can comment as well but would think the chances are slim given most applicants are applying for post graduate courses, that is post getting a university degree so the first challenge would be to even get an offer from a college in the first instance.

Applying with a reason to eventually get PR would not be good idea either given applicants are expected to attend courses in Canada that improve their prospects when they return to their home country. Everyone knows that is not the reality but is the reality to get a study permit.