+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is more beneficial? ITA by PNP or ITA directly by CIC ?

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ontario has recently shown interest in my profile and has invited my to apply for nomination ? My CRS score however is 475 ?

what should I do ? accept it or wait for ITA being issued by CIC ?

What will be the difference between both ?

detailed elaboration shall be highly appreciated :)

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
with 475 you *should* be able to get an ITA from CIC. If you take the Ontario nomination it'll cost you about an extra $2000 & add on about 3 months for Ontario to approve the nomination to give you another 600 points and then start the regular application.

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good question,

I got PT from Ontario as well but I am currently sat at 471 points
I guess it will be advisable to wait for ITA directly from CIC to save time and money

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
I think you should wait and see.

I got an invitation from ON and applied. After a week, I got a ITA. So I lost $1500 right there!
Got a Nomination letter after 3 weeks of application, but of course, my EE profile was locked because of the ITA.

Mkey

Aug 4, 2014
Krakow
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feejay87 said:
My CRS score however is 475 ?
How long have you been in the pool with that score?

Mkey

Aug 4, 2014
Krakow
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I understood from all the documents on the Ontario province website there's no clear benefit from applying for the OINP other than extra 600 points if they approve your application and nominate you - and you receive the regular ITA as a result. You should somehow prove you intend to reside and work in Ontario though.

yeah, and during these 90 days of application processing at OINP you can easily get ITA of your own accord (475 points huh!), but the 1,5K fee will not be refunded.

Sounds like a great option for those who've got like 405 points and are far from the current federal ITA scores, but I'm quite hesitant having 454 ???

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
feejay87 said:
Ontario has recently shown interest in my profile and has invited my to apply for nomination ? My CRS score however is 475 ?

what should I do ? accept it or wait for ITA being issued by CIC ?

What will be the difference between both ?

detailed elaboration shall be highly appreciated :)
My opinion would be to go with direct ITA from CIC because of :
1. OOPNP will cost you extra 1500$
2. it will cost you another 90 days for processing.
3. After spending this much also you are not 100% sure that you will get nomination.
4. even if you get the nomination you have a boundation to stay in Ontario for certain years...

Think on these points and take your call .... all the best !!!

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mkey said:
How long have you been in the pool with that score?
I made EE profile on 28th August and got the interest letter from Ontario on 1st Sep;

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ultra99 said:
I think you should wait and see.

I got an invitation from ON and applied. After a week, I got a ITA. So I lost $1500 right there!
Got a Nomination letter after 3 weeks of application, but of course, my EE profile was locked because of the ITA.
So eventually you had to go with ITA as due to lock you weren't able to receive the nomination; what was your CRS score ?

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Queries said:
My opinion would be to go with direct ITA from CIC because of :
1. OOPNP will cost you extra 1500$
2. it will cost you another 90 days for processing.
3. After spending this much also you are not 100% sure that you will get nomination.
4. even if you get the nomination you have a boundation to stay in Ontario for certain years...

Think on these points and take your call .... all the best !!!

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mkey said:
As I understood from all the documents on the Ontario province website there's no clear benefit from applying for the OINP other than extra 600 points if they approve your application and nominate you - and you receive the regular ITA as a result. You should somehow prove you intend to reside and work in Ontario though.

yeah, and during these 90 days of application processing at OINP you can easily get ITA of your own accord (475 points huh!), but the 1,5K fee will not be refunded.

Sounds like a great option for those who've got like 405 points and are far from the current federal ITA scores, but I'm quite hesitant having 454 ???
You are right; your score is good score, and I guess its better to wait for ITA directly from CIC :)

Mkey

Aug 4, 2014
Krakow
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feejay87 said:
I made EE profile on 28th August and got the interest letter from Ontario on 1st Sep;
So a fresh submit too. I would definitely wait for at least a couple more draws - I'm sure you'll be in with 475 points. Agree with all the above speakers, no need to rush at the moment.

poojasathe

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015 ITA
AOR Received.
15-09-2015
Med's Done....
Meds Cleared 11-09-2015
Passport Req..
17-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
13-APR-16
I received a PT frm Ontario and right after sending the application, got an ITA. I politely sent an email to Ontario requesting them that i need to withdraw and they returned my Bank draft immediately.

Now getting my documents ready for ITA application. :D

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Guys I am wating at 438 not getting Ontario Pt . many have got even with loser score to mine. Do you all think 438 is worth a score to wait or shall I opt for some PNP like NBNP or NSNP?

Even today some people got PT with crs 414 , ...may be my NOC is not preferable though it is NOC B 5241.. or Might be any other reson

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poojasathe said:
I received a PT frm Ontario and right after sending the application, got an ITA. I politely sent an email to Ontario requesting them that i need to withdraw and they returned my Bank draft immediately.

Now getting my documents ready for ITA application. :D
lucky you :)