App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Some doctor just ask you question and select yes or no for you. For some people, the doctors just give them the form to fill by themselves
Then you can ask the doctor i guess

Ivcan1991

Feb 24, 2019
The simple rule is "if you are not sure, declare it" and let CIC decide what is important.
Not really, I saw your comment when submitting the application and marked YES for this question on "Serious disease", now they came back with a Procedural fairness letter asking me more details on the that question.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Not really, I saw your comment when submitting the application and marked YES for this question on "Serious disease", now they came back with a Procedural fairness letter asking me more details on the that question.
This is your opportunity to explain the exact situation to IRCC so that they can make an informed decision. The PFL is not an automatic refusal but a request for clarification.

Ivcan1991

Feb 24, 2019
This is your opportunity to explain the exact situation to IRCC so that they can make an informed decision. The PFL is not an automatic refusal but a request for clarification.
ok, has anyone on this forum got PPR after answering YES to this question? Did you come across any?

Ivcan1991

Feb 24, 2019
Also I would like to make a point by saying treated Syphilis is not a serious disease so people don't mark yes to that statuary question and save yourself a great deal of stress coz it's really not worth it.
I know someone on this fourm who got his syphilis treated and marked No and provided explanation and he got his PPR. I hope this helps anyone.

Reactions: mjadawala

rayat137

Jun 16, 2019
Hi, I have recently got an ITA. I went for an upfront medical to the panel physician and told him the fact that I am currently on an antidepressant. Should I answer yes to this question?

rayat137

Jun 16, 2019
@dotslash227 Are you sure about it? The panel physician wrote it as having depression. I am worried whether answering no to that question would lead them to accuse me of misrepresentation.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
@dotslash227 Are you sure about it? The panel physician wrote it as having depression. I am worried whether answering no to that question would lead them to accuse me of misrepresentation.
Then Mark it as yes. They might send you a Procedural Fairness Letter to ask for clarification on "serious illness" to which you can say you have been from depression and have been taking counselling (if taken) and medicines to treat it. However, I don't see "depression" being listed as a serious illness anywhere, as it is easily treatable and is non-communicable.

Immigration is concerned with two things, when it comes to medical :-
1. The disease should not be communicable.
2. Your treatment should not be an overburden on Canadian Health Services. In my view, if cases with HIV/AIDS which have everlasting treatment with expensive retroviral drugs can be admitted, then, clinical depression sure can be.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Then Mark it as yes. They might send you a Procedural Fairness Letter to ask for clarification on "serious illness" to which you can say you have been from depression and have been taking counselling (if taken) and medicines to treat it. However, I don't see "depression" being listed as a serious illness anywhere, as it is easily treatable and is non-communicable.

Immigration is concerned with two things, when it comes to medical :-
1. The disease should not be communicable.
2. Your treatment should not be an overburden on Canadian Health Services. In my view, if cases with HIV/AIDS which have everlasting treatment with expensive retroviral drugs can be admitted, then, clinical depression sure can be.
HIV can be admitted but clinical depression may not be. It is all dependent on how well it is controlled and whether the person is able to lead a normal productive life plus the cost of medical treatment. If a person is too depressed to work and needs to be hospitalized that is clearly more expensive than someone withHIV who has been taking medication daily, works and has almost zero viral load.

Reactions: dotslash227

rayat137

Jun 16, 2019
HIV can be admitted but clinical depression may not be. It is all dependent on how well it is controlled and whether the person is able to lead a normal productive life plus the cost of medical treatment. If a person is too depressed to work and needs to be hospitalized that is clearly more expensive than someone withHIV who has been taking medication daily, works and has almost zero viral load.
Hi Canuck,

So should I answer yes to that question. The thing is I have some symptoms of depression and have been prescribed an anti-depressant for it. I am currently doing a PhD and the depression is well controlled. So I am able to lead a normal life. Just wondering if answering no to that will be a misrepresentation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canuck,

So should I answer yes to that question. The thing is I have some symptoms of depression and have been prescribed an anti-depressant for it. I am currently doing a PhD and the depression is well controlled. So I am able to lead a normal life. Just wondering if answering no to that will be a misrepresentation.
Hard question to answer. It really doesn’t matter but it’s up to you to indicate how consuming your depressing has been in your life. You should be disclosing to the panel physician. Given that you have been able to manage your PhD with your depression and as long as you haven’t had long term hospitalization or periods on disability you will pass the medical.

rayat137

Jun 16, 2019
Hard question to answer. It really doesn’t matter but it’s up to you to indicate how consuming your depressing has been in your life. You should be disclosing to the panel physician. Given that you have been able to manage your PhD with your depression and as long as you haven’t had long term hospitalization or periods on disability you will pass the medical.
I have already disclosed it to the panel physician. No I have never had any period of disability or hospitalization. I am bit worried about how to answer the question: Has <candidate> had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder? I am bit confused about the exact wording of the question. Does it mean any mental disorder or only serious mental disorder? I believe if it means any mental disorder, I should answer yes. However, if it is serious mental disorder, then I believe the answer should be no.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have already disclosed it to the panel physician. No I have never had any period of disability or hospitalization. I am bit worried about how to answer the question: Has <candidate> had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder? I am bit confused about the exact wording of the question. Does it mean any mental disorder or only serious mental disorder? I believe if it means any mental disorder, I should answer yes. However, if it is serious mental disorder, then I believe the answer should be no.
Really all that matters is the medical and the cost of your treatment so it is very subjective.

BaliAshmita

Jun 22, 2019
so, serious from this point of view is an illness that prevents you to function in society. for example, it is so severe that you cannot work or go to school.

let's say someone has cancer. it is serious because the illness keeps the person from working and has a toll on the medical system and social services.

something like diabetes, thyroid malfunctions....not so serious because you can live with these and be a productive member of society.