+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is citizenship interview after passing citizenship test 3 months ago ?

countyboy

Mar 16, 2018
I had completed citizenship test online 3 months ago, i got an update with an email and attached pdfs saying i have been scheduled to attend an interview with our official. what is citizenship interview about? is it part of process before oath taking ceremony on the same date? they are asking to bring original documents that support my citizenship application. cant find much information on the internet. would appreciate any help thanks.

countyboy

Mar 16, 2018
no i have to be physically present in a location they have determined. also, they say bring all original docs thats listed in document checklist in citizenship application form... does it mean i have to print physical presence calculation, get 2 new citizenship photos?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Usually, it's a simple 5 or 10 minutes chat that every single applicant used to have before covid, right after the citizenship test, when that one wasn't online yet.
It's noting to worry about. You'll be asked generic stuff about your life (your job, where you live, your family...) and it will be an opportunity for the IRCC officer to access your language proficiency through this simple conversation.
The officer will also take the opportunity to look at your documents, and no, you don't need photos or the application itself, you need to bring your passports, IDs, PR card, proof of language.
Also, in case there's an issue with your application, like a forgotten vacation in the physical presence calculator, you'll be told about it, but let's leave that for when it happens, if it happens... :)

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
no, I have to be physically present in a location they have determined. also, they say to bring all original docs that are listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form... does it mean I have to print the physical presence calculation, and get 2 new citizenship photos?
99.9% Safe and they just want to see the documents and it's random.

Reactions: countyboy

countyboy

Mar 16, 2018
Usually, it's a simple 5 or 10 minutes chat that every single applicant used to have before covid, right after the citizenship test, when that one wasn't online yet.
It's noting to worry about. You'll be asked generic stuff about your life (your job, where you live, your family...) and it will be an opportunity for the IRCC officer to access your language proficiency through this simple conversation.
The officer will also take the opportunity to look at your documents, and no, you don't need photos or the application itself, you need to bring your passports, IDs, PR card, proof of language.
Also, in case there's an issue with your application, like a forgotten vacation in the physical presence calculator, you'll be told about it, but let's leave that for when it happens, if it happens... :)
thanks a lot for detailed info. really appreciate it. :) hopefully everything goes fine

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
thank you for your help. that calmed me since none of my friends had gone through this step, had me worried
I think my wife will get an Interview as well because she made a mistake by submitting some expired documents. This happened with my friend who got several Stamps from a foreign country during his stay in Canada so the Judge needs to understand what is the reason. They think either they don't live here or some Income is affiliated.

Reactions: countyboy

angel124

Mar 8, 2019
Hey can you update what did they actually ask, because i got mine as well.
I had completed citizenship test online 3 months ago, i got an update with an email and attached pdfs saying i have been scheduled to attend an interview with our official. what is citizenship interview about? is it part of process before oath taking ceremony on the same date? they are asking to bring original documents that support my citizenship application. cant find much information on the internet. would appreciate any help thanks.

ansarcrtni

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Category........
Other
Can you share the details ?