+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is citizenship grant?

Faiza100

Mar 6, 2019
hello guys

It is 11 months and 25 days since my application was recieved and it is in process since June 2018. I immigrate in Canada in 2015 but I applied for citizenship grant. Now somebody told me that I used a wrong application package. But he is not sure. Now my question is how many types of application forms are there? And what is citizenship grant means? Help please thank you so much!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
hello guys

It is 11 months and 25 days since my application was recieved and it is in process since June 2018. I immigrate in Canada in 2015 but I applied for citizenship grant. Now somebody told me that I used a wrong application package. But he is not sure. Now my question is how many types of application forms are there? And what is citizenship grant means? Help please thank you so much!
To grant something = to give/allow something that was requested to someone
"Grant of citizenship" means that the government gives you citizenship after you requested it. This is the normal process.
There is nothing wrong with your application. Otherwise it wouldn't be in process.

Processing can take more than a year these days. Don't count the days, it will only make you unhappy. Just enjoy your life and forget about the application as much as you can.

Confuseddiva

May 2, 2019
@spyfy : Hello Spyfy, I came across your numerous helpful posts on Canadavisa and I know this is not the right thread to ask this question but please try your best to help me. I am in Canada on a visitor visa but recently received an Express Entry ITA. Can I submit a full PR application while still here or do I have to go back to my country of origin? Thanks and I imagine it might have been a long time since you applied for PR but still...

JPBless

May 14, 2018
@spyfy : Hello Spyfy, I came across your numerous helpful posts on Canadavisa and I know this is not the right thread to ask this question but please try your best to help me. I am in Canada on a visitor visa but recently received an Express Entry ITA. Can I submit a full PR application while still here or do I have to go back to my country of origin? Thanks and I imagine it might have been a long time since you applied for PR but still...
I am sure @spyfy will respond as requested.

However there is forum for EXPRESS ENTRY ITA
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/express-entry-expression-of-interest.54/
Pretty sure there are people who have direct experience with your situation.

You may also want to look at this blog... scroll down and look at POST ITA PHASE. It outlined what to do after you have been granted EXPRESS ENTRY. Note; the information seemed dated so the rules may have changed, however I think it is a good start
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
The links that @JPBless lists above are definitely a good idea.

About your question specifically: You don't have to leave Canada to apply for PR. Many people file Express Entry applications from within the country. There is nothing wrong with that.