+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHAT IS CANADA'S LEVEL OF EDUCATION FOR 16 YEAR EDUCATION?

sammytwig1234

Sep 1, 2013
I am M.Sc (16 years of education). Please clarify me At which level my education stands for Canada? Is 16 year education equivalent to their Graduation or equivalent to their masters? I haven't seen any option like MPhil/MS on the various universities.

Thanks

Seema_Sinha

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
If you hold MSc degree then you have 17 years of education..lets count 12 + BSc(3 years) + MSc(2 years) Total 17 years. Since in canada Bachelor degree is of 4 years after 12 right...so 16 years of education is equivalent to Bachelor`s Degree of Canada..mean Under graduate degree...As far as graduate degree is concerned in canada, It comes after having 16 years of education. In your case you can apply for Graduate degree(MSc degree) in canada since you have Master degree from indian university which is equivalent to bachelor`s degree in canada..hope it helps...
BSc degree is called Under graduate degree in canada but in india Bsc is called Graduate degree
MSc degree is called Graduate degree in canada whereas in india MSc is called Post Graduate degree..this is the difference

sammytwig1234

Sep 1, 2013
It really helped .An immigration consultant told me that thier graduation is equal to ours & same goes to MScs . so I was confused why did he say so. wanted to confirm . Thanx :)

Seema_Sinha

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
If anyone has BTech or BArch, BDS, or MBBS degree, the duration of degree is more than three years. these degrees are equivalent to BS degree of canada..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Seema_Sinha said:
If you hold MSc degree then you have 17 years of education..lets count 12 + BSc(3 years) + MSc(2 years) Total 17 years. Since in canada Bachelor degree is of 4 years after 12 right...so 16 years of education is equivalent to Bachelor`s Degree of Canada..mean Under graduate degree...As far as graduate degree is concerned in canada, It comes after having 16 years of education. In your case you can apply for Graduate degree(MSc degree) in canada since you have Master degree from indian university which is equivalent to bachelor`s degree in canada..hope it helps...
BSc degree is called Under graduate degree in canada but in india Bsc is called Graduate degree
MSc degree is called Graduate degree in canada whereas in india MSc is called Post Graduate degree..this is the difference
Good one Seema_Sinha, this often confuses people but is also explained in the immigration points counting guide. +1

sammytwig1234

Sep 1, 2013
fkl said:
Good one Seema_Sinha, this often confuses people but is also explained in the immigration points counting guide. +1
I was confused cz some1 (consultant) gave me a wrong information & he has demanded to give the whole case & money in his hand :D well It was good I am here on this forum