5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
U'd probably have your Meds/PPR by then !
Hi Qorax, Ali Green and Jnathan,
Since i am confused whether my file has been transferred from Abidjan to Senegal visa Office and also my BF'D was 22.1.2011, I am planning to order Caips in April to see which visa office my file is and also to see what work was done on the last BF'D date, which was 22.1.2011.

Please advice me of the time i should order caips notes.

Thanks and waiting.

rsb2010

Star Member
Mar 30, 2011
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 2014
Dear Qorax,

I sent my full docs on 27 Nov 2010 without RPPF fee ($490). I got the 2nd AOR on 22 Dec 2010.
Now i am desperately ::) waiting for my medicals. I have put a lot of things on hold (including family planning/child) so the this file gets processed early. If my wife gets pregnant and i receive the medicals it will cause a lot of delay which i do not want. We were told that it will take 6-8 months to land in canada , now its already 11 months and it will take another 3-4 months atleast i guess. Had v known this earlier , we wud have planned our child a early.
My file is being processed at New Delhi. 0111 Finance Manager category. Total 77 points . Ielts 8 bands.

Now cud u help me please with the below 2 simple queries.

1. Is there any way that I can get my file processed faster . Mail them / Call them / Visit VO / Post them a letter . Will it help. What should I do.

2. You had written in 1 thread BF'd that ''*RPRF can be sent anytime during the process. However, it is good to send it early'' .
Now, if i send this fee (RPRF) will it help save some time , even if it is 1 day , i will send it. will then open my file before the BF'D and process it. Pls guide me.

I had written to you earlier as well , but no reply recd. may b u r vry busy..
Hoping to hear from you soon .

Thanks in anticipation.
God Bless.
RSB

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canadaforall said:
Hi Qorax, Ali Green and Jnathan,
Since i am confused whether my file has been transferred from Abidjan to Senegal visa Office and also my BF'D was 22.1.2011, I am planning to order Caips in April to see which visa office my file is and also to see what work was done on the last BF'D date, which was 22.1.2011.

Please advice me of the time i should order caips notes.

Thanks and waiting.
If u haven't fetched your CAIPS anytime - go for it NOW.
If u had done earlier - give a gap of min 6 months.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rsb2010 said:
Dear Qorax,

I sent my full docs on 27 Nov 2010 without RPPF fee ($490). I got the 2nd AOR on 22 Dec 2010.
Now i am desperately ::) waiting for my medicals. I have put a lot of things on hold (including family planning/child) so the this file gets processed early. If my wife gets pregnant and i receive the medicals it will cause a lot of delay which i do not want. We were told that it will take 6-8 months to land in canada , now its already 11 months and it will take another 3-4 months atleast i guess. Had v known this earlier , we wud have planned our child a early.
My file is being processed at New Delhi. 0111 Finance Manager category. Total 77 points . Ielts 8 bands.

Now cud u help me please with the below 2 simple queries.

1. Is there any way that I can get my file processed faster . Mail them / Call them / Visit VO / Post them a letter . Will it help. What should I do.

2. You had written in 1 thread BF'd that ''*RPRF can be sent anytime during the process. However, it is good to send it early'' .
Now, if i send this fee (RPRF) will it help save some time , even if it is 1 day , i will send it. will then open my file before the BF'D and process it. Pls guide me.

I had written to you earlier as well , but no reply recd. may b u r vry busy..
Hoping to hear from you soon .

Thanks in anticipation.
God Bless.
RSB
1. There's no way of expediating our case files. It has steps to go thru, which can't be avoided.
2. Yes, if u send the RPRF - u'd avoid an addnl BF'D.
3. If she gets pregnant - she'd have to decide on the Xrays [whether to go for it with a 'protective sheld' or not]. If she doesn't do the Xrays - u'd have delays.

Think about it!

rsb2010

Star Member
Mar 30, 2011
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 2014
qorax said:
1. There's no way of expediating our case files. It has steps to go thru, which can't be avoided.
2. Yes, if u send the RPRF - u'd avoid an addnl BF'D.
3. If she gets pregnant - she'd have to decide on the Xrays [whether to go for it with a 'protective sheld' or not]. If she doesn't do the Xrays - u'd have delays.

Think about it!
Thanks for replying brother

C

chandigarhrocks

Hi all Senior members,

I got my caips notes today.

PSDEC 1 SELDEC 1 IMM 1017S REQUESTED <but no date mentioned here>

FILE BF'D TO: XXX ON 09-02-2011

I am surprised to know that though bring forward date was 9 feb and I ordered caips on 17 feb, why it does not any contain information on what happened on 9th feb and Secondly what would be my next BFD.

Can you friends explain this?

Thanks

rsb2010

Star Member
Mar 30, 2011
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 2014
can anybody explain what is CAIPS notes ??
seems it is to know the BF'd . How can it be ordered/fetched? Pls guide seniors.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rsb2010 said:
can anybody explain what is CAIPS notes ??
seems it is to know the BF'd . How can it be ordered/fetched? Pls guide seniors.
There are many threads on CAIPS which you can search typing "Caips"
However I am pasting some information here which might be of help. The following description is the CIC provided guideline and the cheapest one, if you have someone in Canada to authorize to receive on your behalf. However there are many private agency like lawpoint.com, caips.com.ca.... and lot more who on payment can deliver CAIPS to you which you also can consider anyway..... Below goes some of the tips on CAIPS......

What Is 'CAIPS'?

CAIPS is short for 'Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System'. It is the computer system used by Citizenship & Immigration Canada to process overseas visa applications, and holds all the information on the current status of every immigration application.

Should I Get My File?

There are many situations where you may want to get your CAIPS file. If you have been asked to attend an interview, then you should definitely get your notes to find out why the interview was requested, so that you can be well prepared for the interview. Any reputable immigration consultant would request the CAIPS file in this circumstance.

Also, if you feel that your application is taking longer than usual, or you have not heard anything from the visa office for a surprisingly long time, then you should consider getting your CAIPS notes to check that your application is on track. You can often track unexplained delays down to missing letters or documents which become apparent as soon as the file is obtained. For example, CIC may have written to an applicant requesting additional references, educational transcripts or language tests, but the applicant may not have received such a request. Without CAIPS notes, the applicant would not have known that such a request was made.

Finally, if you have any other worry about your application status or progress, or are just generally curious as to what has happened so far, then you can get your CAIPS notes to put your mind at rest.

How Do I Get My CAIPS File?

Getting your file is fairly straight forward, but you will have to pay $ 5 if you are requesting CAIPS notes for your spouse, and they are not residing in Canada. Follow the instructions below:

Have your spouse fill out this form, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf Step by step instructions follow below:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your spouse fill out all of his particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. Islamabad, etc.)

Then fill out your personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom (alternatively, you could sign for your spouse; I dont think they will notice).

OR, if you have already filled out this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.PDF
then just send a photocopy of it along with 2. and 3..

You must now fill out this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf Step by step instructions follow below:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number). This is to be filled by the officer processing your request.

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)." Yes, you HAVE to pay $ 5, there is no way around this. Do not tick "Privacy Act" and hope they will just process it without you having to pay $ 5; this will NOT work. You must pay $ 5 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French. (I do not know why these choices are under the "Privacy Act" sub-heading. I am assuming the choice of language is also afforded to those who are requesting their notes under the access to "Information Act," and this is just poor design. But I may be wrong (In that case, it wont make a difference).

Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records."

Fill out your spouse's information under the "Client Information" box.

Under the next heading, "Request for- Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "Canadian High Commission (ISLAMABAD)" under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box. DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you. It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your case is processed)

In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.

Sign and date.

Make out a cheque payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $ 5.

Enclose the cheque in an envelope with the other forms, and send it to the address below:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1L1

PAULPAYA

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-07-2013
WOW ... very informative & useful ...
Thank you very much for detail information ...

In my case, I have applied CAIPS & sent on Mar. 4th 2011 through a registered mail & received on Mar. 7th ...
The cheque was cashed on Mar. 27th, but how long is the wait for me to get result back?! (P.S. I currently live in Canada)

Lastly, I am actually a pre FSW applied back in May 2007 in CTOT (my VO) ...
Since my case hasn't been processed yet, would BF'D help me at all ...

Sigh ... it's such a long backlog ...
Anyhow, thanks for any insight ...

:)

rsb2010

Star Member
Mar 30, 2011
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 2014
guys.. can anyone tell the validity of a PCC. Police Clearance Certificate .

Is it 6 months or 1 year ?

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
It depends on the country where you got your PCC issued from. It there is no expiry date stated on your PCC then it is normally valid for 12 months otherwise for the period stated on it.
For example I have two PCC's one from Pakistan which clearly says'

"This certificate is valid for only three months from the date of its issue",

and the second from UK which stats valid for 12 months,

but unfortunately I could not send my UK PCC as is was delayed 17 days in post and I preferred to pot my App.. without it.

Hope it helps
Thanks
Wicky

V

visheshmalhotra13

RSB2010,

Whereas i know PCC is valid 18 months from the date of issue, but VO considers this as 1 year. THis is what my information, please consult someone else also.

Fira123

Jan 7, 2010
Hello Qorax,

I had done my medical on October, 2009 and paid the RPRF fees at the same time. Then I was called for Interview on Aug 2010 and till now no news from the Visa Office. I had applied for CAIPS and below is the line i would like your feedback on.

PAPER FILE SENT TO: PEB BF FILE TO: HII ON 24-03-2011

Previous to this line, I can read clearly where it has been mentioned that my application was approved and send medical and ask for right of permanent residency fees. To my understanding it is the security check that is taking long. On the CAIPS it is also mentioned that verification has been done by local office (visa office in my country) and confirmed geniune. What else are they waiting for or what are they actually verifying? Can you tell what the above line means? Is PEB a visa office or a visa officer. I saw lot of writing from HII so i guess thats a VISA officer. There is also one line in the CAIPS where PEB has written comments to sent my file to KAC to be grouped. Let me know...