+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if voter ID and school certificates not available to prove relationship

harmankanneda

Apr 21, 2017
Hi,

I got below request for additional documents from CIC for my Parents PR Sponsorship -

Section 1 - For Parents relationship -
Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s) As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.

Section 2 For Sponsor and Principal Applicant relationship -
> Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.

IRCC says - If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date with an explanation and proof as to why you are unable to submit the documents.

My questions -
For Section 1 - My parents dont have voter ID or they lost it I suppose. They have Aadhaar card and passport proving their relationship(Mother document refer to father in the Husband name section)

For Section 2 - I dont have voter ID for myself and I also dont have school records for fifth and middle standard.
I do have matriculation, my aadhaar card and passport referring to my father in Father name section.

What should be my next steps for this?
Submit the docs I have and stating the others are not available or is there another better approach to this issue.
I think I will need to give explaination and PROOF about missing/not having documents but I wonder how I can prove what I dont have :'(

Thanks in advance!

ASPR

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi,

I got below request for additional documents from CIC for my Parents PR Sponsorship -

Section 1 - For Parents relationship -
Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s) As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.

Section 2 For Sponsor and Principal Applicant relationship -
> Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.

IRCC says - If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date with an explanation and proof as to why you are unable to submit the documents.

My questions -
For Section 1 - My parents dont have voter ID or they lost it I suppose. They have Aadhaar card and passport proving their relationship(Mother document refer to father in the Husband name section)

For Section 2 - I dont have voter ID for myself and I also dont have school records for fifth and middle standard.
I do have matriculation, my aadhaar card and passport referring to my father in Father name section.

What should be my next steps for this?
Submit the docs I have and stating the others are not available or is there another better approach to this issue.
I think I will need to give explaination and PROOF about missing/not having documents but I wonder how I can prove what I dont have :'(

Thanks in advance!

hey what did you do in missing Fifth class, Middle standard missing school records , i am in same boat have everything except school records of 5th and middle.

i got eligibility letter and than asked for this documents , what did you do in your case can you share your experience and some advise what should i do?

thanks in advance

verma786

May 11, 2017
hey what did you do in missing Fifth class, Middle standard missing school records , i am in same boat have everything except school records of 5th and middle.

i got eligibility letter and than asked for this documents , what did you do in your case can you share your experience and some advise what should i do?

thanks in advance
Hey ! what did you do in missing documents? any update

ASPR

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hey ! what did you do in missing documents? any update

i had everything in English except 5th and middle class mark sheet so i got a letter from school in English mentioned i was a student there and successfully completed education there.