+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What have you noticed is different in Canada?

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey Suin, the driving centre in Ontario are off strike starting today...so I will go next week. What kind of interview you had for the G1? and wht kind of question do they ask in the test
Thank you

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They re-open at 1 PM on Monday, so be careful not go too early in the morning.

rorita_76 said:
Hey Suin, the driving centre in Ontario are off strike starting today...so I will go next week. What kind of interview you had for the G1? and wht kind of question do they ask in the test
Thank you

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thanks Karlshammar , actualy I am planning to go next week, because after all this long strike, and with the news that have minimize the number of employee, God knows what is the situation there this week, so I will go next week, do you know what kind of interview they do, is it like an oral test or something like that, I haven't heard about something like this before.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, I don't know. I had a California license and just exchange it straight over, but you can find all the information on their website: www.drivetest.ca and www.mto.gov.on.ca

rorita_76 said:
Thanks Karlshammar , actualy I am planning to go next week, because after all this long strike, and with the news that have minimize the number of employee, God knows what is the situation there this week, so I will go next week, do you know what kind of interview they do, is it like an oral test or something like that, I haven't heard about something like this before.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
rorita_76 said:
Thank you
good news, rorita_76. they didn't ask me for interview, - just checked my passport, signature, vision, asked for payment and sign the forms, then gave me a paper for test & directed me to the test room. questions were just simple for me. I passed with 100 % score.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
rorita_76 said:
which office you are going for the G1 test? you shouldn't worry much about the amount of people. the big queue will be for G2 tests as none of them were made while strike was on, though G1 was done regularly from early November.
have a good luck!

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
I also noticed that TD bank in Canada is open till 6 pm and works in Saturdays, unlike US banks that are closed at 4 pm.
One of the TD Bank branches near me (in the States) is open on Sundays, and is open until midnight on Friday. ;D

edit: Almost all TD branches here are open on Sundays, but the midnight thing is less common.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thank you Suin, ok now I understand what kind of interview..good. I am going to a near centre to my house in windsor, don't know xcatly the address, my husband does...I am driving him crasy by not memorizing the address in windsor...:)), in Lebanon it is much easy the address issue: go straight, not the first building , the second one, there is a tree there.:)))
I guess you are right , since they were doing the G1 it won't be croweded.
Have a great Sunday

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
YorkFactory said:
One of the TD Bank branches near me (in the States) is open on Sundays, and is open until midnight on Friday. ;D

edit: Almost all TD branches here are open on Sundays, but the midnight thing is less common.
maybe depends on the state, - in the states we were we could hardly find any TD branch, and the rare thst were in there were closed by 4 pm.
I also notices TD US has nothing to do with TD Canada.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
rorita_76 said:
Thank you Suin, ok now I understand what kind of interview..good. I am going to a near centre to my house in windsor, don't know xcatly the address, my husband does...I am driving him crasy by not memorizing the address in windsor...:)), in Lebanon it is much easy the address issue: go straight, not the first building , the second one, there is a tree there.:)))
I guess you are right , since they were doing the G1 it won't be croweded.
Have a great Sunday
have a great Sunday too, rorita_76! please keep us updated. good luck! :)

brill

Dec 11, 2009
Suin said:
maybe depends on the state, - in the states we were we could hardly find any TD branch, and the rare thst were in there were closed by 4 pm.
I also notices TD US has nothing to do with TD Canada.
Hi,
What is G1?Why it is necessary?Guide..............

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
G1 is a beginner's driving licence in Canada. it is not necessary to obtain one, if you are not planning to drive, but can be useful for a proof of residing in Canada.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Sorry in advance ColorMePanda for changing the content of your post to driving issue..:)) but I guess it is very useful info.
Suin I have a question as well related to my future G1 license. My name on the PR is my name before marriage, the lawyer told us that as soon as I have the driving license, I will be able to change my name on the PR and on the social insurance card (because I need an ID with me other than the PR to be able to change the name) here is the question, I read on the driving centre site that if I want to have another name on my driving license, other than the one on the ID I am using(passport, PR..) I can show them my marriage certifcate that show my name after marriage, but if I do so would I have any problem showing my driving license as an ID with my new name to change my PR that has my old name?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
they were very picky with the name written in my passport as they were trying to figure out which language to choose (my passport has two languages). at the end they wrote it exactly the same it was written on my COPR.
I guess, if you take your marriage certificate with you where it's mentioned your name change, they will put your married name in application for G1.
In Canada driving licence is used as a main ID after the passport, so I don't think there will be any problem for you to change your name on PR showing your driving licence and a marriage certificate at all.
while your new PR will be in process you can easily use driving licence as ID in all the situations as needed.
good luck!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thanks Suin, you are really a big help...I will keep you updated