+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens with family application when the head of the family is not applying

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
All,
What happens to family applications where the head of the family did not apply (i.e. He doesn't have the 1095 days yet)?
Do CIC delay the processing of application submitted by the rest of the family? Do they ask questions about the head of the family during interview?

Thanks for sharing your experience

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC does not have a de facto "head of the family" designation for family citizenship applicants.

If by "head of the family" you mean "man", no, um, there is no issue. CIC does not require wives to be accompanied by their husbands in their citizenship applications.

If by "head of the family" you mean "single parent", then that is a different issue. Are you children applying alone as minors? Or is your spouse applying with your children?

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
eileenf said:
CIC does not have a de facto "head of the family" designation for family citizenship applicants.

If by "head of the family" you mean "man", no, um, there is no issue. CIC does not require wives to be accompanied by their husbands in their citizenship applications.

If by "head of the family" you mean "single parent", then that is a different issue. Are you children applying alone as minors? Or is your spouse applying with your children?
Spouse is applying with children.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same thing with my family. My wife and son applied in April when they met their 1095 days and have test on 19th Dec in Scarborough. I applied in June when I met my 1095 days. At the interview they will show their Passports, IDs, Son's university enrollment, wife's Income Tax (zero income as Homemaker) and last 4 years medical record handy if officer wants to see those.

So, there is no link with head of family whether applied or not.. CIC will assess only who applied and met the citizenship requirements..

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
rayman_m said:
Same thing with my family. My wife and son applied in April when they met their 1095 days and have test on 19th Dec in Scarborough. I applied in June when I met my 1095 days. At the interview they will show their Passports, IDs, Son's university enrollment, wife's Income Tax (zero income as Homemaker) and last 4 years medical record handy if officer wants to see those.

So, there is no link with head of family whether applied or not.. CIC will assess only who applied and met the citizenship requirements..
Thanks very much Rayman,
Please keep us posted on your spouse test and interview

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:

If by "head of the family" you mean "man", no, um, there is no issue. CIC does not require wives to be accompanied by their husbands in their citizenship applications
Eileenf, This concept of "head of the family" is a traditional middle eastern / Islamic cultural attitude. Where MAN is seen as the bread earner, primary decision maker, primary person to make rules in the house. The wife and kids have to simply follow this "HEAD OF THE FAMILY" .. who is a "Man". These concepts, values have nothing to do with Canadian values and cultures and on the contrary this is not acceptable in Canada.

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
Eileenf, This concept of "head of the family" is a traditional middle eastern / Islamic cultural attitude. Where MAN is seen as the bread earner, primary decision maker, primary person to make rules in the house. The wife and kids have to simply follow this "HEAD OF THE FAMILY" .. who is a "Man". These concepts, values have nothing to do with Canadian values and cultures and on the contrary this is not acceptable in Canada.
I don't know why you still attack the middle eastern values and cultures whenever you have a chance to open your mouth !! it seems you are here in this forum just to spread your poisons ,,,

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imadiq said:
I don't know why you still attack the middle eastern values and cultures whenever you have a chance to open your mouth !! it seems you are here in this forum just to spread your poisons ,,,
Not attacking anyone's values and cultures. Just stating the fact, since this "Head of family" thing was brought up. Let me know if it is not true that Man(Bread winner) is known as "Head of family" as per mid east values and he sets the rules in the house? Is this true or not?

walmzd

Star Member
May 27, 2012
Maybe the question can be asked in a different form!

I have a lot of friends who are living back home, with PR status and their families (wife & Kids) are living a lone in Canada to earn the citizenship a lone.
Under the new provision of C-24 bill, could this considered an intention not to live in Canada after getting the citizenship? could this prevent these families from earning their citizenship, even if they satisfy the residence count requirement?

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
Not attacking anyone's values and cultures. Just stating the fact, since this "Head of family" thing was brought up. Let me know if it is not true that Man(Bread winner) is known as "Head of family" as per mid east values and he sets the rules in the house? Is this true or not?
as per culture its totally true,,,, since we are in 2014 the social and family situations had been changed ,,,, I agree that many of middle eastern families still practice as what you said head of family as the man is the lead , however you looked at one angle. my father was head of the family who everyone respect him ,,, my grand father too but they still share the opinions , decisions and family matters with the family as like any family or society in the world .... in many courtiers this practice is exist for example India that has diversity of cultures and beliefs where many states there practice the head of family as well based of many discussions with my friends from India and Pakistan

My friend. my concern is your wording every time you write about an issue in middle east where you spent few years there ,, if you saw wrong practices in your life from them that doesn't give you right to criticise us based on your experience otherwise then I have right to criticise your culture and some practices .... I respect everyone`s as what they are.... I was fortunate to live and work with people from all the world with a diversity of cultures which I have rich experience with respect regardless of their practices

Thanks

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
We should also ban a culture from a country that often rapes women, and worst of all, the raped women were being blamed. I heard this country is somewhere in Southern part of Asia.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Not attacking anyone's values and cultures either but will like to say that all religions and authorities proclaims the equality/equity of men and women.

These gender issues are not limited to one particular religion or region as some people are trying to portray here. This subject has more socio-cultural roots than connection to any particular religion or region and still prevails in many parts of the world including India.

I remember watching a documentary on CBC some time back about alarming rate of female infanticide in Sikh Dharma heartland Punjab* state of India, which has the lowest world average of female birth ratio 798/1000 much lower than Indian average of 927/1000. Also media reported (health/CBC) that the problem of female foeticide is huge among punjabi in the west and don't see it going any time soon. CBC reported that there are two Canadian Punjabi newspapers advertising for ultrasound clinics in India whose slogan is pay 500 rupees now and save 50,000 later!

Also another analysis based on a study about ten years back in Punjab by an Indo-Canadian team, which appeared in the British medical journal Lancet, found the sex ratio a dismal 614:1,000 if the first child is female. In urban areas, it goes down to 560:1,000!

People are here to discuss their immigration and citizenship issues. As usual some people started hijacking the purpose of this forum by comments spinning on hatred and racism. So please have some respect to others and begin the work from our own home rather than self proclaiming championship of everything good; ridiculing and generalizing other societies and communities. & Take, that is Lesson No. 1 to Canadian Citizenship.

*mentioned as gender equal example in original comment; -- which was deleted/modified after this post -- glorifying one group and derogatory to another religion, "middle east, asia and third world"...

rednwhite

Sep 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
Wow! Seriously?

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
People are here to discuss their immigration and citizenshuip issues. As usual some people started hijacking the prupose of this forum by comments spinning on hatred and racism. So please have some respect to others and begin the work from our own home rather than self proclaiming championship of everything good; ridiculing and generalizing other societies and communities. & Take, that is Lesson No. 1 to Canadian Citizenship.
Thanks a lot Donvalley,,,, I agree with you and this is what I was trying to say to some people here

I hope we have more voices of wisdom like you

Thanks

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree that we should answer what the question actually meant & not chase the terminology. At the same time, I would suggest the questioner to post question in a manner that everyone would understand without going into tangents. On a side note, the concept of "head of family" no longer valid!