+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens with family application when the head of the family is not applying

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
maali said:
I agree that we should answer what the question actually meant & not chase the terminology. At the same time, I would suggest the questioner to post question in a manner that everyone would understand without going into tangents. On a side note, the concept of "head of family" no longer valid!
OK. I will rephrase.

What happens to family applications where one spouse did not apply (i.e. He doesn't have the 1095 days yet)?
Do CIC delay the processing of application submitted by the rest of the family? Do they ask questions about the non-applying spouse during interview? Could this delay processing under the current law? What could be the impact under the new-law-to-come Bill 4-24?

I hope this will drive a healthier discussion. Please no more comments about "Head of Family" or other cultures / ethnic groups.

Thanks

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
OK. I will rephrase.

What happens to family applications where one spouse did not apply (i.e. He doesn't have the 1095 days yet)?
Do CIC delay the processing of application submitted by the rest of the family? Do they ask questions about the non-applying spouse during interview? Could this delay processing under the current law? What could be the impact under the new-law-to-come Bill 4-24?

I hope this will drive a healthier discussion. Please no more comments about "Head of Family" or other cultures / ethnic groups.

Thanks
They will look at your wife :eek: and ask why the "HEAD OF THE FAMILY, THE MAN" , the primary bread winner did not apply.

LOL

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
SinghLovCan said:
They will look at your wife :eek: and ask why the "HEAD OF THE FAMILY, THE MAN" , the primary bread winner did not apply.

LOL
Plus one for you... Really funny... ; :D

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
;D:p

SinghLovCan said:

LOL

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When a family applies for permanent residence, one of the spouses is the principal applicant. That's what I thought OP was referring to, and as others have said, there are no such distinctions when applying for citizenship.

The title of the thread actually reminded me of a scene from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding":

Toula: Ma, Dad is so stubborn. What he says goes. "Ah, the man is the head of the household!"
Maria: Let me tell you something, Toula. The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants.
So see, those attitudes are hardly limited to the Middle East... although there are those who would argue that Greek culture is not exactly Western ;D

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
The head of the family could also be determined by those who wrap their head with the curtain.

Dec 18, 2014
arambi said:
All,
What happens to family applications where the head of the family did not apply (i.e. He doesn't have the 1095 days yet)?
Do CIC delay the processing of application submitted by the rest of the family? Do they ask questions about the head of the family during interview?

Thanks for sharing your experience