+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens when application is returned

omsai_786

Dec 1, 2014
Hi,

My question is when application is returned and we send it back with correction, does it go back in the queue or is it opened and processed immediately as it is received by IRCC, and what about the fees, is it refunded and we have to pay again, or that fee can be adjusted when we resend the application.

I am worried because I am not sure if my photographs were stamped or not, I forgot to look at it. I had it done from Costco in Mississauga.

I would appreciate if someone can explain how it all works.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
You will get the whole package back. Just fix what is required and re-send. Fee is also sent back (Print Out) and you can attach it when re-sending.

It would be like they have never received it and you will be back in the que.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When the application is received at Nova Scotia center, they check for the completeness of the application.
Only when the application is complete then a file/case is created in the system for the applicant and the application is forwarded to the regional office for further processing.

Applications that are not complete are returned to the applicants with the reason for return.

Cases where there are more than one family members in the package and one member has missing information, IRRC provides option to exclude the incomplete application and proceed with the complete ones OR provide complete missing information and resubmit.
You have select one of the option, sign and send back the package with the letter that was sent.

To answer your question, yes it will go back in the queue.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
If applying as family, you'll get all the applications back nevertheless. With options. This is what is on cic website;

Family applications
If more than one member of your family is applying for Canadian citizenship, send all the applications together in the same envelope. The applications will be processed together. If one or more family members' applications are incomplete, ALL of the applications will be returned to you.