+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if the rule changed after application was submitted?

youyou43

Jun 24, 2013
The work experience requirement of Canadian Experience Class changed from 24 months to 12 months since Jan 1st, 2013. The application of my wife was rejected on Apr 11th, 2013 by mail. The reason was that she didn't meet the work experience requirement (she had at least 12 months experience instead of 24 months at the time the application was sent in Aug 2012). So I wonder what rule at what time does Immigrant Officer follow? Since the rule changed this year, should my wife be qualified by the time she received the letter(Apr 2013)? I don't understand how CIC works. Please comment if you know! Thanks!

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about your wife's rejection, but applications are assessed based on the rules in effect when you apply.

She can reapply if she qualifies under the new rules. Best of luck!

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
youyou43 said:
The work experience requirement of Canadian Experience Class changed from 24 months to 12 months since Jan 1st, 2013. The application of my wife was rejected on Apr 11th, 2013 by mail. The reason was that she didn't meet the work experience requirement (she had at least 12 months experience instead of 24 months at the time the application was sent in Aug 2012). So I wonder what rule at what time does Immigrant Officer follow? Since the rule changed this year, should my wife be qualified by the time she received the letter(Apr 2013)? I don't understand how CIC works. Please comment if you know! Thanks!
The vo will consider the same rules that were there when they had received the application,,, if they had received the file on jan 01 2013, they will still consider the old rules as the rules hanged from jan 02 2013

Your wife can apply again with the current rules..only 1 year of experience

Good luck

youyou43

Jun 24, 2013
whymeee said:
Sorry to hear about your wife's rejection, but applications are assessed based on the rules in effect when you apply.

She can reapply if she qualifies under the new rules. Best of luck!
Thanks for your reply whymeee!

youyou43

Jun 24, 2013
honeysingh said:
The vo will consider the same rules that were there when they had received the application,,, if they had received the file on jan 01 2013, they will still consider the old rules as the rules hanged from jan 01 2013

Your wife can apply again with the current rules..only 1 year of experience

Good luck
Thanks for your comments honeysingh!