+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if Medical assessment is late

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
We have received our ITA and have until 31 May to submit a complete application. However, our lawyer only gave us the go ahead to do our medicals in late April. Due to certain difficulties in finding out our IME or UIC numbers, we have only been able to make our medical assessment appointment in June.

We've got all our documents ready except for the medicals and two police certificates (In progress, we have the acknowledgement receipts). Our medical assessments are scheduled for early June as well. Can't go any earlier cos they have all been booked out. In saying that, three other states in my country have also had all their medicals booked out in May. What will happen if our medical assessments come in late? It says on the ITA letter that "You must submit a complete application before 5/31/2017 12:00 AM UTC time if you want to appy for permanent residence.You will not be able to submit an application based on this invitation to appy for permanent residence after the date and time listed above. We cannot give extensions". My questions are:

1. Is medical results required to complete the ITA application?
2. If some documents are delayed and is not available by the application deadline, can we request for an extension for document submission with a letter of explanation and appropriate support evidence?
3. What will likely happen if we send in the application with certain documents and the medical assessment missing?

Would love some advice and information. Thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You don't need an ime to do medicals. They are upfront medicals and can be done even before an ITA.

Either decline the ITA now or find a different PP who can schedule an appointment asap. You can do it anywhere in the world.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
1. Is medical results required to complete the ITA application? Yes it is required to upload the medical health form the provider will give you once you complete the medical exam.
2. If some documents are delayed and is not available by the application deadline, can we request for an extension for document submission with a letter of explanation and appropriate support evidence? The PCC is the only document I have heard of them granting an extension for. That is typically for the US FBI PCC, as CIC is aware of the backlog and wait times. You do have to provide the receipt or proof of request though.
3. What will likely happen if we send in the application with certain documents and the medical assessment missing? Your application will not pass the initial check and will be rejected. Any fees paid will be refunded accordingly.

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
You don't need an ime to do medicals. They are upfront medicals and can be done even before an ITA.

Either decline the ITA now or find a different PP who can schedule an appointment asap. You can do it anywhere in the world.
In Australia, the nominated medical center insisted we need to have the IME number or a letter from the Canadian consulate stating IME is not required before we can get booked, we felt it was weird but that's their policy...

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
Thanks for the reply, it seems our application will be rejected then because all available slots before May are booked out. Our agent asked us to pass him the appointment details, not sure what he's going to do with it. What happens if we get rejected? Can we get invited again?(our score is 469) How long is the medical exam valid for? Cheets

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Your medical exam is valid for a year. You can try to submit everything on the last day of ITA but make sure you upload confirmation of medical appointment letter and state you will send the results via CSE as soon as possible.

Honestly though I believe declining the ITA now, waiting for another ITA (which will be very soon) and then send everything off complete.

Also fire your consultant. An IME and UCI are not needed for an upfront medical. You can get them any time from any PP and you did not need a 'green light' from him. The green light was the ITA.

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Not quite correct that your application will be automatically rejected if it's missing the medical... there is a slim chance they would accept proof that a medical appointment has been made, according to this information:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

"In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept:
•proof that a medical appointment is scheduled; or
•a letter of explanation of best efforts.​
However, these are not a guarantee of acceptance.”

So, it just depends on whether they would accept your situation as an "exceptional circumstance."

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
In Australia, the nominated medical center insisted we need to have the IME number or a letter from the Canadian consulate stating IME is not required before we can get booked, we felt it was weird but that's their policy...
You need to specifically say that you are doing upfront medicals and the category should be 'Worker - Non EDE'. Tell them that IME number is required only for family category and not for worker category. This confusion is prevalent in many clinics as CIC seems to have changed some process last year. Just say them about the worker thing and you should be good. If they still refuse, ask them to cross check it with their doctor as he gets any communication from CIC. Receptionists may not be aware. And you will never be able to get IME number wherever you contact as it will be given only to family sponsorship cases. And medicals are must while submitting the application. If you can't do, deny the invitation and take it up in next round.

Waf.2490

Oct 26, 2018
Hello..
Please can you tell us what happened with you ??
As I have same problem .. and I am really worried so much

Noor Shoaib

Oct 19, 2019
I need some help... Here from Pakistan... My husband applied for my PR and my medical assessment letter was issued at 14 January and now its 14 feb... My cell phone was broken and i was unable to receive the mail... Its been 30 days... What should i do now? I need your guidance...

rotal87

Apr 21, 2021
I need some help... Here from Pakistan... My husband applied for my PR and my medical assessment letter was issued at 14 January and now its 14 feb... My cell phone was broken and i was unable to receive the mail... Its been 30 days... What should i do now? I need your guidance...

Could you update and tell us what happened in your case?