+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if application is refused????

mrs B

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
My husband and I have sent our inland application three weeks ago to vegreville, I am sponsering my husband, we have been married for years and have know each other for about 27 years, what are the more common reasons for denial???? and if an application is refused then what, I am a landed immigrant since 1984 from the Netherlands, and dont see reason for denial, but I quess it should never be ruled out, any advise?????

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
If you check out the Sponsorship Guide, they list what factors can lead to slowing down the processing and also what factors can lead to possible refusal. Is there something you are worried about specifically?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Firs of all, Mrs. B., take a deep breath. We've all gone through the same thing and second-guessed ourselves and worried about how the visa office will view our relationship. The most common reasons for denial are because of misrepresentation or because the IO suspects that your marriage is a marriage of convenience, i.e. entered into to facilitate your partner's entry to Canada.

The CIC website provides the following list of factors that can slow down your application:
* Incomplete or unsigned application forms
* Incorrect, incomplete address or failure to notify CPC-M of a change of address
* Missing documents
* Unclear photocopies of documents
* Documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation
* Investigation of sponsors by CIC
* Verification of information and documents provided (e.g., there may be lengthy procedures for background checks in the countries where the applicant or his or her family members have lived or need for a second interview for additional background screening)
* A medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations
* A criminal or security problem (e.g., failure to declare family members or criminal charges pending)
* Family situations such as impending divorce, custody or maintenance issues
* Completion of legal adoption
* Consultation is required with other offices in Canada and abroad
* Inquiring about the status of your application before the standard processing time has elapsed
* The applicant is not a permanent resident of the country in which he/she currently lives
* The applicant or his or her family members require an interview and lives in an area not regularly visited by immigration officials
* Photos provided by the principal applicant and his or her family members do not comply with specifications set out in Appendix C accompanying The Immigrant's Guide"

It sounds like the 2 of you have a huge history together so I can't imagine that you would have any problem. Good luck to you.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I second that, Ariell.

Considering the length of your history, and how long your relationship has continued, I think you should be one of their easier cases, Mrs B.

Most people applying here get approved despite having just gotten married or become common-law. Your case is probably the most qualified I've ever seen on this forum.

(Not to imply that other people's relationships are not equally valid; what I mean is easy to prove to the CIC.)

mrs B

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
True, there are many reasons for refusal I supose. hopefully we,ll be fine.... were dealing with vegreville and berlin I quess
anyone know any thing about these offices???? also if an inland application is refused how long do you have untill they want you to leave Canada????

rusbear

Jul 11, 2009
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was refused because my sponsor (common-law in Canada class) did not meet requirements. We re-applyed.
I have a question.
Do they close the e-case or post "Discontinued" or "Refusal"? It's already passed 2 months since I got the letter that my application was refused.
My e-case is still opened. After we re-applyed the phrase "We received the requested information on XXXX XX, 2010. Thank you for providing the information." was added.
What does it mean? Any ideas?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
mrs B said:
True, there are many reasons for refusal I supose. hopefully we,ll be fine.... were dealing with vegreville and berlin I quess
anyone know any thing about these offices???? also if an inland application is refused how long do you have untill they want you to leave Canada????
it will be written in deportation order, it might be within a month, but I don't think with your relationship history you will be refused.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
rusbear said:
My application was refused because my sponsor (common-law in Canada class) did not meet requirements. We re-applyed.
I have a question.
Do they close the e-case or post "Discontinued" or "Refusal"? It's already passed 2 months since I got the letter that my application was refused.
My e-case is still opened. After we re-applyed the phrase "We received the requested information on XXXX XX, 2010. Thank you for providing the information." was added.
What does it mean? Any ideas?
no, they usually say just decision made.

as soon as you file another application they add to that like they have done in your case.

rusbear

Jul 11, 2009
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our letter says that there is no right to appeal because no decision is made on the permanent resident.
In this case they could not say in e-case Decision made.
I expected that they said discontinued or withdrawn in my e-case. But it is still open and they keep adding info to this case even after refusion. How can it be?
I just have a tiny hope. May be my new application won't saty in the pike for the next six months... :-[