+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happened to CEC only draws?

Oct 10, 2022
Can somebody please educate me what happened to CEC only draws where the CRS score would be around 430-450?

On the official website, all the rounds I see are for " No Program Specified " which I get from my understanding is CEC + FSW + a portion of PNP.

When will CEC only draws resume because the No Program Specified draws are so high?

Am I missing out on something here? I dont see myself ever getting PR with my score being around 479 with 1 year of canadian experience.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can somebody please educate me what happened to CEC only draws where the CRS score would be around 430-450?

On the official website, all the rounds I see are for " No Program Specified " which I get from my understanding is CEC + FSW + a portion of PNP.

When will CEC only draws resume because the No Program Specified draws are so high?

Am I missing out on something here? I dont see myself ever getting PR with my score being around 479 with 1 year of canadian experience.
The CEC specific draws largely happened during COVID and may not restart.

IRCC has indicated an intent to launch additional pathways for students and those in Canada. However these details haven't been released yet and we don't know what this will involve.

Definitely explore the PNP programs as well.

Reactions: klubsoda and asiqur

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
CEC applications from July are moving
Do you mean MEPs, BIOs, and UCI updates? That's a standard procedure at CIO which only means that their R10 (completeness checks) have been performed and the files are promoted and assigned permanent internal file numbers in the GCMS, it's not moving. @blitz123 is absolutely correct, CEC applicants from 2021 (some even from 2020) are even not receiving any updates. We'll call "moving" when there're portals, until then, not much hope for this year and Q1-Q2 2023.

Oct 10, 2022
Is 479 going to be enough in a year or so?

If no, have I wasted all my time in this country...?? I'm starting to lose hope.

vvis64684

Aug 31, 2022
Do you mean MEPs, BIOs, and UCI updates? That's a standard procedure at CIO which only means that their R10 (completeness checks) have been performed and the files are promoted and assigned permanent internal file numbers in the GCMS, it's not moving. @blitz123 is absolutely correct, CEC applicants from 2021 (some even from 2020) are even not receiving any updates. We'll call "moving" when there're portals, until then, not much hope for this year and Q1-Q2 2023.
Does seem odd. Many of the people who got AORs around your time (Sep to Oct 2021) got COPRs in 2-3 months. Might be worth checking where your application fell through.

babysharkiy

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Going Europe now makes more sense. Companies are offering higher salary to match euro-usd ratio. Moving to Germany after 3-years PR hope!
P.S: Im software engineer. These says easy for us to move.

Reactions: asiqur

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Does seem odd. Many of the people who got AORs around your time (Sep to Oct 2021) got COPRs in 2-3 months. Might be worth checking where your application fell through.
And yet some simple applications (single, only Canadian exp, Canadian edu, no longterm US stays, no frequent travels to anywhere) had either to wait until August 2022 or even are still waiting. It’s not about applications falling through a crack, it’s just how IRCC functions. CEC was on priority during the Q4 2021, that’s why many received their decisions in 2-3months, just like PNP right now. From what I have observed, most 2022 CEC applicants will also have to wait until Q3-2023, with some being randomly processed in between now and then.

Reactions: klubsoda

vvis64684

Aug 31, 2022
And yet some simple applications (single, only Canadian exp, Canadian edu, no longterm US stays, no frequent travels to anywhere) had either to wait until August 2022 or even are still waiting. It’s not about applications falling through a crack, it’s just how IRCC functions. CEC was on priority during the Q4 2021, that’s why many received their decisions in 2-3months, just like PNP right now. From what I have observed, most 2022 CEC applicants will also have to wait until Q3-2023, with some being randomly processed in between now and then.
What was complicated about your case?

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
What was complicated about your case?
Dependents, foreign education, foreign employment history, on top of that some stupid Case Analyst who marked my Canadian Employer's signed Ref. Letter as unsigned and then tagged my eligibility with Review, Required, which's a big monster case for Case Officers at IRCC for some reason. The thing is, your case exits the normal processing chain if your case is found complex or made complex due to an error by some idiot at IRCC. Then they put your case in a very slow queue for the officer review that according to an unconfirmed source contains some 400k+ files from 2020-2021 waiting for finalization. Pre-pandemic, this queue used to be very short, but even then the files used to take around 9 months to finalize according to my research on this forum. But now I am looking at around a year or so more to wait in my case (AOR Oct. 4, 2021).

vvis64684

Aug 31, 2022
Dependents, foreign education, foreign employment history, on top of that some stupid Case Analyst who marked my Canadian Employer's signed Ref. Letter as unsigned and then tagged my eligibility with Review, Required, which's a big monster case for Case Officers at IRCC for some reason. The thing is, your case exits the normal processing chain if your case is found complex or made complex due to an error by some idiot at IRCC. Then they put your case in a very slow queue for the officer review that according to an unconfirmed source contains some 400k+ files from 2020-2021 waiting for finalization. Pre-pandemic, this queue used to be very short, but even then the files used to take around 9 months to finalize according to my research on this forum. But now I am looking at around a year or so more to wait in my case (AOR Oct. 4, 2021).
Yes, your case looks much more complex than regular cases. In 2021, many (most?) people got COPRs in 3 months generally.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Yes, your case looks much more complex than regular cases. In 2021, many (most?) people got COPRs in 3 months generally.
Yes, many did, but most Sep 2021 and onwards were finalized between Q1-Q3 2022. Those CEC applicants who received their eCOPRs in 2-3 months should thanks corona for that :D Gone are the days for CEC to be processed in 2-4 months. I noticed many July 2022+ applicants didn’t even see any updates (UCI, MEP and Bio) until 50+ days. That simple thing (that indicates R10 at CIO) used to be 20-30 days for us in 2021, and none have received any portals so far. That little info there tells a lot! Some will PROBABLY be processed in Dec 2022, but MOST will not.

Reactions: klubsoda

vvis64684

Aug 31, 2022
Yes, many did, but most Sep 2021 and onwards were finalized between Q1-Q3 2022. Those CEC applicants who received their eCOPRs in 2-3 months should thanks corona for that :D Gone are the days for CEC to be processed in 2-4 months. I noticed many July 2022+ applicants didn’t even see any updates (UCI, MEP and Bio) until 50+ days. That simple thing (that indicates R10 at CIO) used to be 20-30 days for us in 2021, and none have received any portals so far. That little info there tells a lot! Some will PROBABLY be processed in Dec 2022, but MOST will not.
Looks random. A couple people from July and August did get updates. Some of them are expecting copr by November mid-end but to be seen.

Reactions: cz999