+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happened to CEC only draws?

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
The CEC specific draws largely happened during COVID and may not restart.

IRCC has indicated an intent to launch additional pathways for students and those in Canada. However these details haven't been released yet and we don't know what this will involve.

Definitely explore the PNP programs as well.
Thanks a lot for your replies on this forum.

I'm exploring PNP. But most PNPs require the candidate to have a Permanent job offer. However, most work places do not offer Permanent jobs to people who have a temporary work permit.

My job offer, at any point in time, is for 6 months or 1 year, or at the maximum till the date of expiry of the work permit. I don't understand who gives these Permanent job offers (needed for PNP) to a temporary resident.

I'd be grateful if there's any information about this please. Thanks a lot!

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cec-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application
Based on this, all of the July tracked one passed medical/biometric. August is pending
We're back to square one. As I said before, BIOs, MEPs, and UCI updates only indicate your R10 stage, nothing more. That's actually not progressing at all, rather a standard procedure at CIO which used to take 20-30 days in 2021. Anyways, GoodLuck with your application! I hope you start to see some REAL progress on applications soon.