+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" Mean

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Order GCMS notes. How does the program build on your career/education to give you a higher salary than you have now to justify costs? What is the program? Are you single? What are your long term plans?

Gina9090

Feb 3, 2024
Got the same The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Applied for visitor from Bahrain but am a Cameroonian.
What can it mean on my case or reasons? Any help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Got the same The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Applied for visitor from Bahrain but am a Cameroonian.
What can it mean on my case or reasons? Any help
Order GCMS notes. How long was stay? Why Canada? What were tie to return (job, property, business, spouse/child)? Status in Bahrain? Funds? Anyone who applies from a country that is not their citizenship has a more difficult time to get approval especially from an African country.

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hi guys, good afternoon. I need help with the following refusal. This is for my brother that i mentioned in this group previously.
On monday we got the following refusal
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPR, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPR, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

we presented the following
Bank Statement of mum ( Parent sponsoring) with 65,000 CAD balance based on current exchange rate
Certificate of incorporation for business ownership , she is the sole owner of four industrial standard bakeries with over 40 employees ( to verify stable employment and income)
Certificate of ownership for cars
Deed of multiple lands

A little bit of background
my brother just turned 18yrs
his 1st yr tuition is between 30k and 34k
application was submitted dec 7th so 10k plus 1st yr tuition was required ( to minimum 44k plus)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys, good afternoon. I need help with the following refusal. This is for my brother that i mentioned in this group previously.
On monday we got the following refusal
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPR, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPR, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

we presented the following
Bank Statement of mum ( Parent sponsoring) with 65,000 CAD balance based on current exchange rate
Certificate of incorporation for business ownership , she is the sole owner of four industrial standard bakeries with over 40 employees ( to verify stable employment and income)
Certificate of ownership for cars
Deed of multiple lands

A little bit of background
my brother just turned 18yrs
his 1st yr tuition is between 30k and 34k
application was submitted dec 7th so 10k plus 1st yr tuition was required ( to minimum 44k plus)
How long is program? Was first year tuition paid? What is the total cost of program? Were bank statements from personal accounts? Does your mom have other minor children? Business ownership, cars, lands are not not funds.

Since he is reapplying he will now need letter of attestation.

Last edited:

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
How long is program? Was first year tuition paid? What is the total cost of program? Were bank statements from personal accounts? Does your mom have other minor children? Business ownership, cars, lands are not not funds.

Since he is reapplying he will now need letter of attestation.
It's a 4yr program
We provided personal bank statements
1 minor child, still in grade 10
I'm aware business ownership cars and lands are not liquid, but they are proof that there's steady income and employment by the sponsor.
Can we send a letter of reconsideration?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It's a 4yr program
We provided personal bank statements
1 minor child, still in grade 10
I'm aware business ownership cars and lands are not liquid, but they are proof that there's steady income and employment by the sponsor.
Can we send a letter of reconsideration?
So how much in total is the tuition and then add another $80k for living expenses. A $65k balance doesn’t cover one year of studies and she has to support herself and another child. All savings are going to his schooling. I don’t see how he can afford to study. He can submit and ask for reconsideration but there is not even enough for one year. No timelines for reconsideration so IRCC may not even reopen the file.

Reactions: Chefnimz

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
So how much in total is the tuition and then add another $80k for living expenses. A $65k balance doesn’t cover one year of studies and she has to support herself and another child. All savings are going to his schooling. I don’t see how he can afford to study. He can submit and ask for reconsideration but there is not even enough for one year. No timelines for reconsideration so IRCC may not even reopen the file.
I see where you're coming from and i agree that 65k isn't enough for a 4yr program. But we went based on CIC information on the website as of time of application. Which stated and i paraphrase that it doesn't matter whether student is studying a 4yr program, what they need to show is 10k plus 1st year tuition and proof of financial stability to afford the remainder of the study duration.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I see where you're coming from and i agree that 65k isn't enough for a 4yr program. But we went based on CIC information on the website as of time of application. Which stated and i paraphrase that it doesn't matter whether student is studying a 4yr program, what they need to show is 10k plus 1st year tuition and proof of financial stability to afford the remainder of the study duration.
This has nothing to due with changes announced and implemented as of January 1. IRCC just changed minimum amounts. He still had to show that he could afford a four year university program. That has always been in place. Given his age, he will rely on a parent‘s financial support and support will not cover one year. Him working 20 hours a week may just cover living expenses but not even close to covering tuition.

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
This has nothing to due with changes announced and implemented as of January 1. IRCC just changed minimum amounts. He still had to show that he could afford a four year university program. That has always been in place. Given his age, he will rely on a parent‘s financial support and support will not cover one year. Him working 20 hours a week may just cover living expenses but not even close to covering tuition.
Okay, so what is the attestation you mentioned previously, what does that entail?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Reactions: Chefnimz