+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does Reference letter means exactly ?

raju.gunnal

May 22, 2015
Hi All,
I saw few post on reference letter while submitting profile for EE, what does exactly reference letter means..

if it is related to our job , then does the Experience letter or Relieving letter fulfill the need. Or do we need to get the specific reference letter from my job manager about the work i do at office.

My doubt and the reason for asking this question is :eek: , you know.. which boss would like to give reference letter when you say that you need reference letter for Canada Visa purpose. ???. Hope you got it.

Please clarify me.. Thanks in Advance.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
raju.gunnal said:
Hi All,
I saw few post on reference letter while submitting profile for EE, what does exactly reference letter means..

if it is related to our job , then does the Experience letter or Relieving letter fulfill the need. Or do we need to get the specific reference letter from my job manager about the work i do at office.

My doubt and the reason for asking this question is :eek: , you know.. which boss would like to give reference letter when you say that you need reference letter for Canada Visa purpose. ???. Hope you got it.

Please clarify me.. Thanks in Advance.
If the experience letter or relieving letter has the information that IRCC (CIC) is looking for, then you can submit it. Otherwise, you need to submit documents which would have all the information (in one form or the other) required by CIC. In the absence of these information, you will have to get a reference letter.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
good article about reference letter: http://www.canadianimmigrationpodcast.com/express-entry-how-to-draft-an-employer-reference-letter-that-works/

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
andy108 said:
good article about reference letter: http://www.canadianimmigrationpodcast.com/express-entry-how-to-draft-an-employer-reference-letter-that-works/
I can probably add a few more things to that but in the real world the big companies just don't care about your Canadian PR. I mean, I have a previous employer who is just making up excuses all along the way. My first employer flatly refused to give me a JD (which they wrote on a Company letter head). Only my current employer gave me a JD because they are a startup and I have already told them I am going to quit in some time.

I can provide all salary slips, hike letters but honestly to expect every applicant to get all those is simply not practical.

raju.gunnal

May 22, 2015
Thanks all for your response..
but still it un-achievable , as logically . No employer or manager would like to give you reference letter when you say you are looking to quite the company in near future..

Still will try all the best possible way to get it.

Thanks..