+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does receiving PR mean to you?

Alicialeigh

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Like many of you, I've been browsing around this forum for several months now, and one thing that's damn clear is how excited we all are to finally be granted PR! As we are all too aware, this whole process is emotional and, at times, confusing.

Some people sit back and wait with much anticipation, others are regular posters here; looking for reassurance. Others are calling for updates after just a couple of months ☺ In whichever unique and individual way we choose to spend our waiting time, we're all dreaming of the moment we receive that 'golden email'.

This has got me thinking, and I thought maybe we could share our reasons on why receiving PR means so much to us individually. Are you outside of Canada and things will change drastically for you once you become a permanent resident? Are you inside of Canada and have big plans once it's granted? Whatever your reason, please feel free to share below. Who knows, it may even help us pass some time

I'll go first....

My post is already long enough, so I'll keep it short: My partner and I are currently living/working back in the UK, for the first time in six years, and after an incredible two years in Canada. We decided once our work permits ended to come 'home' to be around our families, as it had been such a long time. However, as lovely as it's been to see everyone, we haven't felt remotely settled and are finding the reverse culture shock has hit us hard. We're counting down the days that we can return to Canada and create a home and a long term life together in such a beautiful country.

Best of luck to you all!