+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what does "no re-entry means in my working permit"?

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
does it means if i go home then i cannot enter canada again,even if i have multiple visa n working permit?what if i need to go home for emergency reason?pls help me answer this.thank you!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ellejnoc said:
does it means if i go home then i cannot enter canada again,even if i have multiple visa n working permit?what if i need to go home for emergency reason?pls help me answer this.thank you!
No it means without a valid TRV you can not re-enter Canada with the Work Permit alone.

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
hi,job_seeker.thank you so much for all ur help.by the way i got my wp today,thx god.the most wonderful gift for me coz tom is my bday!!!if u r here in halifax then im inviting u to come over to celebrate.im not kidding...:)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ellejnoc said:
hi,job_seeker.thank you so much for all ur help.by the way i got my wp today,thx god.the most wonderful gift for me coz tom is my bday!!!if u r here in halifax then im inviting u to come over to celebrate.im not kidding...:)
Thanks so much for the invitation. I am happy for you!!!!! :)

GoRaptors

Dec 2, 2009
ellejnoc said:
If you hold a Canadian WV and an Australian or NZ passport then this does not apply to you....

any other passport, you're probably NOT exempt from this...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
GoRaptors said:
If you hold a Canadian WV and an Australian or NZ passport then this does not apply to you....

any other passport, you're probably NOT exempt from this...
Yup. She's not from a "visa-free" country, but she has a multiple-entry TRV and a valid work permit.

GoRaptors

Dec 2, 2009
job_seeker said:
Yup. She's not from a "visa-free" country, but she has a multiple-entry TRV and a valid work permit.
In this case "NO-RE-ENTRY" probably means "NO RE-ENTRY", once inside the country...

just my reading of the sitch...but I am not expert....

lieutenentdan087

Aug 4, 2009
It probably says "does not authorize re-entry" This does not apply to trv exempt countries. I have it on my work permit and my immigration lawyer told me that's all it means,

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
GoRaptors said:
In this case "NO-RE-ENTRY" probably means "NO RE-ENTRY", once inside the country...

just my reading of the sitch...but I am not expert....
If she leaves Canada and she does not have a multiple entry visa stamped on her passport, she will not be allowed entry even with a valid work permit.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lieutenentdan087 said:
It probably says "does not authorize re-entry" This does not apply to trv exempt countries. I have it on my work permit and my immigration lawyer told me that's all it means,
Probably. Ellenjnoc can clarify that for us :)

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
about the question about"no re-entry" in my working permit....

gud am!!i just spoke with an immigration officer this morning.he told me that as long as i have a valid trv then there is no reason for me not to enter canada again.the "no re-entry" pertains to the working permit alone.it means that if u have a working permit but no valid visa then u cannot re-enter canada.so job_seeker is definitely right!thx for all the help job_seeker...my boss gave me the permit to go home and as advanced holiday.they paid for my ticket....so for those who r still tryin.....god is just so busy to answer all our requests......so just keep on praying and be patient,ok?gudluck to all!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: about the question about"no re-entry" in my working permit....

ellejnoc said:
gud am!!i just spoke with an immigration officer this morning.he told me that as long as i have a valid trv then there is no reason for me not to enter canada again.the "no re-entry" pertains to the working permit alone.it means that if u have a working permit but no valid visa then u cannot re-enter canada.so job_seeker is definitely right!thx for all the help job_seeker...my boss gave me the permit to go home and as advanced holiday.they paid for my ticket....so for those who r still tryin.....god is just so busy to answer all our requests......so just keep on praying and be patient,ok?gudluck to all!

I am really happy for you ellejnoc. :) Hope whatever it is you have to do ends up positively too. All the best.

mark1234

Sep 11, 2009

ellejnoc said:
Do you need something from POEA in Canada to go back to Philippines?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009

mark1234 said:
Do you need something from POEA in Canada to go back to Philippines?
Hi Mark,

From another thread (similar topic):

isagada said:
for Jocelyn:
I agree with PMM and Jobseeker, obtain an employer's certification/letter that you are going for vacation leave since your re-entry visa is still valid till 2010.It is also a valid document when you process your OEC(overseas employment certificate) at POEA when returning back to Canada.Sometimes POEA requires it.

Goodluck kabayan,

Igorot
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/caregiver-reentry-visa-t29856.0.html

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
to mark.yes i need to pay some amount to pay to get my OEC so that i can come back in canada and be free of tax at the airport when i leave phils. again.by the way,thank you again n again to job_seeker......:)