+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does it mean by " local office "

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
Please correct me if i am wrong:

If i applied to Nova Scotia, to my understanding my application (AOR/IP/FP/DM) everything will be finalise by Nova Scotia immigration officer.

Only citizenship test oath location etc would be done by local office

Or

AOR/IP/FP/DM everything will be finalise by Local office.

Just for more understanding i want to about it

Please reply thanks for your time.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sumonaney said:
Please correct me if i am wrong:

If i applied to Nova Scotia, to my understanding my application (AOR/IP/FP/DM) everything will be finalise by Nova Scotia immigration officer.

Only citizenship test oath location etc would be done by local office

Or

AOR/IP/FP/DM everything will be finalise by Local office.

Just for more understanding i want to about it

Please reply thanks for your time.
Nova Scotia will receive your application, check if complete and send you AOR (Im not 100% sure if AOR comes from Nova Scotia)

IP, Test Invitation & Oath is handled by Local Office

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
shakeyy said:
Nova Scotia will receive your application, check if complete and send you AOR (Im not 100% sure if AOR comes from Nova Scotia)

if you mean DM made by local office. \

then you are 1000% incorrect

thanks

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
shakeyy said:

i agree with simoncanada

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how am i wrong.. ?

Nova Scotia will send your file to your local office closest to where you live (after they deemed your application complete) and local office will take over and process it from Test to Oath Taking.. not sure whats inaccurate there

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
shakeyy said:
how am i wrong.. ?

Nova Scotia will send your file to your local office closest to where you live (after they deemed your application complete) and local office will take over and process it from Test to Oath Taking.. not sure whats inaccurate there
DM of course made by Nova Scotia immigration officer ( note : no immigration officer is available in Vancouver or surrey )

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Need Canadian Pr said:
DM of course made by Nova Scotia immigration officer ( note : no immigration officer is available in Vancouver or surrey )
1. Wrong there are citizenship officers in both the Surrey and Vancouver Citizenship offices, and Immigration officers in the Vancouver Immigration office.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. Wrong there are citizenship officers in both the Surrey and Vancouver Citizenship offices, and Immigration officers in the Vancouver Immigration office.
but citizenship DM should comes from Nova Scotia.

thanks

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
simoncanada said:
but citizenship DM should comes from Nova Scotia.

thanks
No, not for grant citizenship.

Decision to issue certificate of citizenship for persons who are citizens but born outside Canada is made at the CPC Sydney in Nova Scotia.

Grant citizenship decisions are made at the local office level by "Citizenship Officers," subject to Ministerial review in certain cases, referral to Citizenship Judges in residency or presence cases, or Federal Court review if leave is requested and allowed.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
dpenabill said:
No, not for grant citizenship.

Decision to issue certificate of citizenship for persons who are citizens but born outside Canada is made at the CPC Sydney in Nova Scotia.

Grant citizenship decisions are made at the local office level by "Citizenship Officers," subject to Ministerial review in certain cases, referral to Citizenship Judges in residency or presence cases, or Federal Court review if leave is requested and allowed.

my friend your start another topic which is incorrect.

With due respect on you, so far i know:

when we apply PR inside Canada applicant , our file process by Nova Scotia OR Ottawa. so DM comes from Nova S/Ottawa

same as when you apply Citizenship application ( form CIT 0002 E ) , you should send your file to Nova Scotia .

AOR/IP/FP/DM comes from Nova Scotia immigration officer.

but citizenship test + oath comes from local office .

Hope so you will understand now

Thanks

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my simoncanada..... I think you are totally misunderstanding the process.

Yes the initial file is sent to Nova Scotia. There the application is checked for completeness and if complete transferred to local office. Think of Sydney as the collection hub and then from there depending of applicants address the application is sent to his/her local office.

The citizenship officer at the local office processes the application from there on including DM. They actually have the physical original application and all notes from officer in the file at the local office.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
Rigly68 said:

Yes the initial file is sent to Nova Scotia. There the application is checked for completeness and if complete transferred to local office. Think of Sydney as the collection hub and then from there depending of applicants address the application is sent to his/her local office.

The citizenship officer at the local office processes the application from there on including DM. They actually have the physical original application and all notes from officer in the file at the local office.
then why in gcms notes shoes: DM and location Nova Scotia

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simoncanada said:
then why in gcms notes shoes: DM and location Nova Scotia
Does it say DM made in Nova Scotia or did the GCMS note come from nova Scotia? Or is the local office also Nova Scotia?

Here is a bit more about the decision making by the citizenship officers http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/decision/roles.asp

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:

i thought so too. because during my interview the officer told me im approved.

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Immigration officers are federal agents, so they are authorized by law to make the decision as they are officials of the IRCC. The local office is a a federal jurisdiction, Sydney is the hub. So, wherever immigration officers perform their duties (be it in Canada or at consulates/embassies abroad), does not matter in the practical sense, they are STILL FEDERAL AGENTS. All documentations at the end are kept by IRCC--the federal ministry.