+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHAT DOES DR2 MEAN IN MY PR CARD

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op24-eng.pdf page 3, DR2 means protected persons.

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op24-eng.pdf page 3, DR2 means protected persons.
how can i didnt came here as a refugee my dad did it but i didnt i came here because of family reunification

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kingoftherings said:
how can i didnt came here as a refugee my dad did it but i didnt i came here because of family reunification
Did your father apply for you at the same time he applied for himself or did he sponsor you later? Maybe immigration sees your whole family as refugees because your dad is. Have you asked others in your family what it says on their PR cards?

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Did your father apply for you at the same time he applied for himself or did he sponsor you later? Maybe immigration sees your whole family as refugees because your dad is. Have you asked others in your family what it says on their PR cards?
well my mom is the same DR2 but my dad is R something

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you have cracked the code :)

R something for your dad must stand for Refugee, DR1 stands for Dependent of Refugee 1, that's spouse and DR2 stands for Dependent of Refugee 2, that's dependent child.

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
So you have cracked the code :)

R something for your dad must stand for Refugee, DR1 stands for Dependent of Refugee 1, that's spouse and DR2 stands for Dependent of Refugee 2, that's dependent child.
thanks anyways leon ;)