Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeisaP said:
oh, for stage 1 we didnt even get an AOR, ive heard some people have gotten them and others not.

aswell for stage 2 we didnt get one again, but that was weird.

for mexico visa office some people get AOR 2.5 weeks after the file is transfered and others 2.5-3 months!!

its really staggered for mexico city, and of course like us we didnt even receive one at all.

I find it all so inconsistent.
The inconsistency is what really bothers me.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Dr Eng X said:
The inconsistency is what really bothers me.
Yeah its hard to really plan anything, or know whats going on .
you just have to wait... and wait... and wait...
:-\

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeisaP said:
Yeah its hard to really plan anything, or know whats going on .
you just have to wait... and wait... and wait...
:-\
The thing that I do wish to do is to ask the incompetent minister to resign or efficiently run it. I can see many incompetents placed by favors.
This is a sign of decline...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: What do they do in Visa Offices? Step II

I read this and I am looking for your thoughts and have few questions

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC (CHC Canadian High Commission) stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: What do they do in Visa Offices? Step II

If my understanding is correct and the information is recent and valid
Dr Eng X said:
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".
Is stage 1 what we call sponsorship approval?
Then stage 2, 3 and 4 are permenant residence steps?
Can someone add detailed recent timelines to step II?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Yes Stage 1 is sponsorship approval...

Stage 2 is all about the applicant and their VO....every VO is different and there is a thread with the recent timelines of all the VO's...I will try and find and link you to it....

Now with respect to Ottawa...I believe there is no timelines set out on this VO as of yet due to the closure of Buffalo and some other VO's....the best you can probably do is go through some spreadsheets and see who is out of Ottawa and what their timelines have been like :(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
KJG said:

Stage 2 is all about the applicant and their VO....every VO is different and there is a thread with the recent timelines of all the VO's...I will try and find and link you to it....

Now with respect to Ottawa...I believe there is no timelines set out on this VO as of yet due to the closure of Buffalo and some other VO's....the best you can probably do is go through some spreadsheets and see who is out of Ottawa and what their timelines have been like :(
I'm doing the LA one, and I'm looking at it right now. As of today, there are two people (Since Jan) who have gotten PPR. Both got their letters from Ottawa. One got Stage 1 done March 20th, the other May 9th. Both of them got their PPR in August. It's VERY inconsistent and it's VERY annoying. But hopefully the rest with LA/Ottawa hear something soon. With Buffalo's closure, I think the employees are starting to get scrambled as well.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KJG said:

Thank you, I am looking for the details of step II which includes (as you have confirmed my understanding)...step II includes stage 1, 2, 3, 4
I believe some steps take standard time if we take away the waiting

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
I'm doing the LA one, and I'm looking at it right now. As of today, there are two people (Since Jan) who have gotten PPR. Both got their letters from Ottawa. One got Stage 1 done March 20th, the other May 9th. Both of them got their PPR in August. It's VERY inconsistent and it's VERY annoying. But hopefully the rest with LA/Ottawa hear something soon. With Buffalo's closure, I think the employees are starting to get scrambled as well.
I thought some stages within step 2 will be more consistent. If step 2 is made up of stage 2, 3 and 4. We'll say after waiting your turn once they start in stage 2 it takes such amount of time, then....once you are at stage 3 it depends on how busy your issueing VO and so on

I am very very frustrated when everything is very incosistent, it makes me feel that CIC is run by an a**holes

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found the source or reference although it deals with Islamabad office you can still understand what goes on
https://sites.google.com/site/islamabadchctimelines/home

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Q- Why are case time lines longer for husband cases than for wife cases?

There seems to be longer timeline for Husband cases compared to Wife cases as there are more background checks that need to be done where as for girls in Pakistan they tend to be mostly homemaker who have little to no travel and work history or tendencies to join any organizations or movements.

Q- I had background checks going on when I asked CHC at the beginning of my case processing and now after remedicals again they are saying that background checks are underway again why is that?

They are running background check twice on husband cases from what we know. We have a few husbands on this forum waiting for 4 months after the Remedical and they are being told the same thing that their background check is underway.

https://sites.google.com/site/islamabadchctimelines/home

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question...if the following is the timeline details for Islamabad does anyone know the timeline of Ottawa based on their caips

1)After the file is transferred to Islamabad Embassy it collects dirt for 10-12 months.
2)Then they start the initial review of the application.
3)They request to re-fill some forms along with an updated police clearence certificate.
4)They request for Re-medical after some time. (It could come with the forms request as well)
5)If the background checks are clear and medical is clear, they request for Passport to be sent to the Embassy.
6)Once they stamp the Visa on the passport, they return it to you.

The whole process takes about 14-16 months for wife cases and 16-20 months for husband cases. Sometimes it takes more time if the case is complicated and nikkah only. Although they have started to pick up the pace a little bit lately. They ask for the Ruksati to be done or else they put the file in the interview queue. So keep collecting relationship proof such as call history, chat logs, emails, text messaging logs, gift receipts, money transfer receipts, visit pictures, visit tickets/boarding pass. They can ask for more proof if they feel like the proof of relationship is not enough. It doesn't matter if you are married, now they ask for recent/continuous proof of contact. Hope it helps.