+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the steps after PPR? (PA US Citizen)

chaybani

Jun 19, 2021
Good day everyone,

My wife's outland Spousal sponsorship was approved yesterday on GCKey (Decision made and everything). We sent the copy of the passport with all required documentation and it was received 4 days ago.
The question we have for those more knowledgeable is, is there something that we need to do or fill out while waiting for the return mail from IRCC? we are not sure really, or should we just wait for the mail they are going to return to my wife in the US?

Thank you

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Nothing on your end but wait for the passport to be received by PA. Once you get the passport back with some extra COPR information from IRCC you'll be able to use those to land as PR in Canada to get stamped at the border to formally announce your physical landing.

Could you please post your timeline?

chaybani

Jun 19, 2021
Nothing on your end but wait for the passport to be received by PA. Once you get the passport back with some extra COPR information from IRCC you'll be able to use those to land as PR in Canada to get stamped at the border to formally announce your physical landing.

Could you please post your timeline?
Of course, it's the following :

Application Submitted: May 23, 2022 (Outland, Online)
AOR: September 7, 2022
Biometrics Request: September 7, 2022
Sponsor Approval: September 8, 2022
Medical Request: September 9, 2022
Eligibility started on the tracker: September 22, 2022
Medicals completed: September 29, 2022
Background, Eligibility completed on the tracker: January 18, 2023
Pre-Arrival: January 19, 2023
PPR: January 31, 2023
Travel documents received by IRCC: February 17, 2023
GCkey shows the final decision is "approved": February 17, 2023
PR Tracker says the Application is closed: February 21, 2023

GCKey and PR Portal are totally not in sync, the portal shows updates late, the GCKey doesn't update Background and Eligibility until the whole processed is finished.

That should be all, feel free to ask me anything.
We are now just waiting on them to send the documents back.

• Love
Reactions: lenuxii