+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the chances of getting Visa?

abhi.jcm

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
HLO, EXPERTS
I am applying for September,2016 intake in Humber Collge. The course is Global Business Management. It is Post Graduate Certificate or Ontario Graduate Certificate of 2 years (4 semesters). Applying under SPP category.
My Profile-
10th class- 72%
12th class- 78% (Commerce)
BBA- I yr- 72%
BBA- IIyr- 68%
BBA- IIIyr- Result awaited (relatively low as compared to Ist and 2nd yr)
IELTS = Overall 7 not less than 6

No study Gap. No Work experience as I am a full-time student. I haven't applied yet, as I am waiting for my final year's result.
What are the VISA Chances according to u?

zuif

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have seen a lot of refusals on Toronto based PGD colleges, can't say anything for sure, but I would recommend you to go to relatively remote places like Niagara or Windsor or ThunderBay instead of Toronto for your PGD

abhi.jcm

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
zuif said:
I have seen a lot of refusals on Toronto based PGD colleges, can't say anything for sure, but I would recommend you to go to relatively remote places like Niagara or Windsor or ThunderBay instead of Toronto for your PGD
If they refuse visas, then why they opened colleges in Toronto. I mean, if they are not going to admit an international student, Then Why are they offering these services to International applicants?

zuif

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhi.jcm said:
If they refuse visas, then why they opened colleges in Toronto. I mean, if they are not going to admit an international student, Then Why are they offering these services to International applicants?
Well, first of all, I am just stating the facts, even on this forum you can see LOTS of students being rejected on colleges at Toronto, while on par with colleges in Niagara or other remote places - acceptance is pretty high. CIC wants students to invest money in other remote places, which is kind of obvious.

Secondly, colleges want you to come nevertheless, they are performing a business. While the CIC does not want you to come to places like Toronto and work more than studying! Having a poor SOP or any irrelevancy of course, they reject you straightaway, cause they know in places like Toronto you can indeed, earn up your cost of education + living expenses while studying.
And through study permit you are coming to STUDY not to WORK or IMMIGRATE, there's express entry for working and immigrating.

I know it's not fair for students who are targeting quality education provided in places like Toronto, but things work this way, so be ready to provide a very strong document if you want to do PGD on colleges at Toronto ;)

abhi.jcm

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
zuif said:
Well, first of all, I am just stating the facts, even on this forum you can see LOTS of students being rejected on colleges at Toronto, while on par with colleges in Niagara or other remote places - acceptance is pretty high. CIC wants students to invest money in other remote places, which is kind of obvious.

Secondly, colleges want you to come nevertheless, they are performing a business. While the CIC does not want you to come to places like Toronto and work more than studying! Having a poor SOP or any irrelevancy of course, they reject you straightaway, cause they know in places like Toronto you can indeed, earn up your cost of education + living expenses while studying.
And through study permit you are coming to STUDY not to WORK or IMMIGRATE, there's express entry for working and immigrating.

I know it's not fair for students who are targeting quality education provided in places like Toronto, but things work this way, so be ready to provide a very strong document if you want to do PGD on colleges at Toronto ;)
Thanks brother, for guiding me.
Can u plz suggest something, How can I make my SOP strong? what other things needs to be done while applying for Visa?

zuif

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A strong SOP is something that intelligibly expresses your genuine reason of coming to Canada for studying. It does not have to be like 'I will immediately return to my home country after finishing my studies' , it should be specific and plausible, something like 'After completing my studies, and experiencing the distinct work environment in Canada, I will start a XXX company or boost up this XXX sector at the location of XXX'

Other things, your PGD must be in direct sync with your previous education, and good ties to your home country - i.e property, rent, income statement etc.

Best wishes on whatever you choose to do 8)

abhi.jcm

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
zuif said:
A strong SOP is something that intelligibly expresses your genuine reason of coming to Canada for studying. It does not have to be like 'I will immediately return to my home country after finishing my studies' , it should be specific and plausible, something like 'After completing my studies, and experiencing the distinct work environment in Canada, I will start a XXX company or boost up this XXX sector at the location of XXX'

Other things, your PGD must be in direct sync with your previous education, and good ties to your home country - i.e property, rent, income statement etc.

Best wishes on whatever you choose to do 8)
I will make a strong SOP and put all my genuine facts in it. And get it reviewed in this forum, especially, i will send it to u.
And, I hv done bachelors in business administration (BBA), which is directly linked with the course i selected, i.e Global business management.
And one more thing, I didn't understand, what u mean with good ties to your home country - i.e property, rent, income statement etc. ??

zuif

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhi.jcm said:
I will make a strong SOP and put all my genuine facts in it. And get it reviewed in this forum, especially, i will send it to u.
And, I hv done bachelors in business administration (BBA), which is directly linked with the course i selected, i.e Global business management.
And one more thing, I didn't understand, what u mean with good ties to your home country - i.e property, rent, income statement etc. ??
Good ties = good financial background at your home country, which means, showing a decent property and income in your home country by your sponsor.
The aspect of your prospective course being relevant to your past education, must be understood by CIC, so make sure to collect relevant documents. 8)