+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my chances to emmigrate to Canada if I am over 50 ?.

madup

Oct 15, 2012
I am 51 , qualified as a locksmith and refrigeration technician and have owned my own business since 1986 in South Africa . I have two adult sons , 24 and 26 respectively who would also like to move to Canada. I also develop and sell businesses in South Africa and have developed and sold convenience stores , a residential hotel , hair salons . I presently am building up a signage business for resale . My estimated start up in Canada would be approximately 7 million rand ( unfortunately , due to bad exchange rates , this would drop to about CD 900 000-1 million Canadian Dollars . Is this enough to get in to Canada ?. Oh yes , I also have 3 brothers in Canada who have lived there for the past 30 years . Both my parents past away in Vancouver after living in Canada for about 25 years .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't have sufficient funds to qualify to apply through the investor / entrepreneur immigration class. You'll have to look at the skilled worker program and provincial nominee programs to see if you might qualify under one of these programs. More information here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Are your sons still in school full time? Have they been in school full time since the age of 22? Are they single? In order to be considered dependents and immigrate along with you, they must be single, not working and must have been going to school full time since the age of 22. If they don't meet these requirements, they will have to immigrate independently.

momohj25

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
Med's Request
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-08-2012
Passport Req..
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
LANDED..........
Goodman!! said:
i think you are too old to come to canada now. stay where you are and be happy
What do you mean by hes too old to come to Canada? someone said hes planning to bring business and you said hes too old!! why discourage him. Canada might even need his expertise over yours.

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
madup said:
I am 51 , qualified as a locksmith and refrigeration technician and have owned my own business since 1986 in South Africa . I have two adult sons , 24 and 26 respectively who would also like to move to Canada. I also develop and sell businesses in South Africa and have developed and sold convenience stores , a residential hotel , hair salons . I presently am building up a signage business for resale . My estimated start up in Canada would be approximately 7 million rand ( unfortunately , due to bad exchange rates , this would drop to about CD 900 000-1 million Canadian Dollars . Is this enough to get in to Canada ?. Oh yes , I also have 3 brothers in Canada who have lived there for the past 30 years . Both my parents past away in Vancouver after living in Canada for about 25 years .
Don't come to Canada.

madup

Oct 15, 2012
Goodman!! said:
i think you are too old to come to canada now. stay where you are and be happy
Please see my basic CV below and judge me on my business ability . Not my age .

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
madup said:
ok dear if u think u can do good in canada then you are welcome to canada..i thought bcz of your age may be u won't be able to adjust..good luck to you if you want to come to canada..

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
madup said:
you can come to canada through business class.i will advice you link up with david cohen reputable immigration lawyer to discuss your case...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shaddy said:
you can come to canada through business class.i will advice you link up with david cohen reputable immigration lawyer to discuss your case...
By "business class" do you mean investor / entrepreneur?

If so, then he doesn't have sufficient funds to immigrate through these streams.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi.

Firstly I would urge you to ignore some people saying you are too old and do not come to Canada.

At 51 you still have (hopefully!) many years of life left and still a sizeable number of years of your working life in which you can contribute to Canada's economy.

Currently I believe the investor program is on hold, and in any case I do not believe you'd have enough funds to invest in Canada's economy to qualify. So Federal Skilled Worker would seem to be your best bet.

Around January 2013, but almost certainly at least some time in the first quarter of 2013, the Federal Skilled Worker program will be open again, albeit for a limited number of applications. Unlike the previous few years where you have needed to have a least 1 year's work experience in a list of in-demand occupations, it seems likely that this time round there will be no list. The first X applications through the door which have enough points will be accepted.

This is a stop-gap system, we believe the eventual intention is for CIC to introduce an EOI (expression of interest) system where employers can choose from a pool of applications. But that's going to take a few years to implement.

Therefore it certainly seems a possibility that you could apply as a Federal Skilled Worker in the early part of next year.
With no in-demand list competition for these places is expected to be fierce and the cap is likely to fill very quickly.

In order to apply you are going to need supporting documentation - which will include a language certificate (IELTS is the most common) to prove your language skills, work experience letters, University Transcripts in sealed envelopes from the University.

One area where your age will count against you will be calculating how many points you'll score on the points matrix. Points are awarded for various things including work experience, language etc, and age. It is likely the new system will favour younger applicants and at 51 I do not believe you would score any points for age. This does not mean you can't still accumulate enough points to qualify, but it will be harder.

My advice is to start getting supporting documentation together and keep a very sharp ear open towards the end of this year for an announcement on the re-opening of the FSW class.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

Reactions: ALTaylor

Jul 21, 2011
Cappuccino said:
Hi.

Firstly I would urge you to ignore some people saying you are too old and do not come to Canada.

At 51 you still have (hopefully!) many years of life left and still a sizeable number of years of your working life in which you can contribute to Canada's economy.

Currently I believe the investor program is on hold, and in any case I do not believe you'd have enough funds to invest in Canada's economy to qualify. So Federal Skilled Worker would seem to be your best bet.

Around January 2013, but almost certainly at least some time in the first quarter of 2013, the Federal Skilled Worker program will be open again, albeit for a limited number of applications. Unlike the previous few years where you have needed to have a least 1 year's work experience in a list of in-demand occupations, it seems likely that this time round there will be no list. The first X applications through the door which have enough points will be accepted.

This is a stop-gap system, we believe the eventual intention is for CIC to introduce an EOI (expression of interest) system where employers can choose from a pool of applications. But that's going to take a few years to implement.

Therefore it certainly seems a possibility that you could apply as a Federal Skilled Worker in the early part of next year.
With no in-demand list competition for these places is expected to be fierce and the cap is likely to fill very quickly.

In order to apply you are going to need supporting documentation - which will include a language certificate (IELTS is the most common) to prove your language skills, work experience letters, University Transcripts in sealed envelopes from the University.

One area where your age will count against you will be calculating how many points you'll score on the points matrix. Points are awarded for various things including work experience, language etc, and age. It is likely the new system will favour younger applicants and at 51 I do not believe you would score any points for age. This does not mean you can't still accumulate enough points to qualify, but it will be harder.

My advice is to start getting supporting documentation together and keep a very sharp ear open towards the end of this year for an announcement on the re-opening of the FSW class.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
how can you be so sure fSW will be reopened in early 2013,,some people saying it remain on hold untill end of 2013 when they will introduce new EOI system? what is your source of information? provide any if u have?

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
229334 said:
how can you be so sure fSW will be reopened in early 2013,,some people saying it remain on hold untill end of 2013 when they will introduce new EOI system? what is your source of information? provide any if u have?
IS ON HOLD TILL FIRST QUARTER OF 2013.A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.....

Jul 21, 2011
shaddy said:
IS ON HOLD TILL FIRST QUARTER OF 2013.A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.....
in a statement by minister it is not clear when they will reopen fsw either in start of 2013 or end of 2013,or when.

kiala

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
agree with you that nothing is decided yet as when they will reopen FSW application route..hopefully in 2013