+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what after PPR request?

Sakthi1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
hello dear friends,

i received mail from CIC to submit passports for final procedures and have submitted the same.

so my question is,

does the PPR come after all background check is complete or is PPR a part of the background check?
what exactly happens after we submit PPR? is it only visa stamping or there's BG checking going on?
Hi How long did it take for you to get Passport request after medicals? Can you also provide us your timeline?

Did you apply in EE or Paper application?

ukp

Feb 5, 2017
I got passport request and the letter also asks me to upload a replacement of my passport. I misunderstood the request and only sent my passport to the visa office, after almost 2 weeks of no update, I went back to my cic account and realised that I have an overdue upload of required passport replacement. I quickly uploaded the passport and sent and email to the Visa office, I also raised a CSE to explain the situation.

It's more than six days now since i uploaded the document, I still have no heard from the visa office and no update yet on my profile. Has anyone been in similar situation before, how long will take now for my visa and CORP to be issued? I am a bit worried.
Sort of Off-Topic but how long after the Pre-Arrival Invitation, did you get the Passport request, if I may?

AviusAnima

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
I got passport request and the letter also asks me to upload a replacement of my passport. I misunderstood the request and only sent my passport to the visa office, after almost 2 weeks of no update, I went back to my cic account and realised that I have an overdue upload of required passport replacement. I quickly uploaded the passport and sent and email to the Visa office, I also raised a CSE to explain the situation.

It's more than six days now since i uploaded the document, I still have no heard from the visa office and no update yet on my profile. Has anyone been in similar situation before, how long will take now for my visa and CORP to be issued? I am a bit worried.
Hi I too have the same issue, my letter said only "visa exempt countries" need to upload, did you get your PPR

Oct 16, 2020
Good morning, A friend got passport request December and submitted the passport 23rd only to discover that the medical hasn't been updated to passed, now she has to miss this January admission and she also has her passport held in Abuja, we have sent webform for the medical to be updated but haven't gotten acknowledgement yet. Has anyone been in this situation before? Her passport also hasn't been stamped

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Hello guys!

Also received PPR few days ago. Iam from an exempt visa country and have to submit physically photographs and copy of my passport.

For the first time we submit these documents (same place where we do the biometrics), I understand we don't need to pay anything. Can someone relate?

Reactions: CoolUk2