+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What’s two-year associate bachelor degree equivalent in Canada?

likelike123

Nov 22, 2022
Hi guys,
I have been very confused by the PNP federal process.
My husband has a 2-year associate bachelor degree from the states, and it should be equivalent to 2 year colleges in Canada, says the WES report.

However, in the generic form IMM0008, when it asks for the highest level of education. I am about confused what I should choose from:
Trade/ apprentice certificate/ diploma
Non- university certificate/ diploma

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,
I have been very confused by the PNP federal process.
My husband has a 2-year associate bachelor degree from the states, and it should be equivalent to 2 year colleges in Canada, says the WES report.

However, in the generic form IMM0008, when it asks for the highest level of education. I am about confused what I should choose from:
Trade/ apprentice certificate/ diploma
Non- university certificate/ diploma

Thank you!
You can use the ECA report link to find out but it is the first one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

likelike123

Nov 22, 2022
But you said above - Trade/ apprentice certificate/ diploma

It is a equivalent to a diploma
Yes. It certainly is a diploma. I just do not understand the difference between NON-University degree/diploma, and Trade/Apprentice Certificate/diploma. It seems to me that they are both diploma. My ECA report does not say anything about the specifically type of diploma, it just said it's a 2 year diploma.

Thank you !

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes. It certainly is a diploma. I just do not understand the difference between NON-University degree/diploma, and Trade/Apprentice Certificate/diploma. It seems to me that they are both diploma. My ECA report does not say anything about the specifically type of diploma, it just said it's a 2 year diploma.

Thank you !
Non-university could be a flight or language school. It just means not at a university.