+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES wants my original degree and transcript

narbeh

Dec 23, 2017
WES says don't send us any originals but for my country, here is what it says:

I feel confused. So does it mean I should send them my original degree and transcripts and they will return?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
r

I feel confused. So does it mean I should send them my original degree and transcripts and they will return?
requirements vary according to the country of study. better wait for other people who got their degrees in armenia to help out

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012

I'm not an expert by any means...but by reading the text above i understand that WES wants the "document that has the original "apostille". Does your ministry provide a degree copy with an "original apostille"? If no copy can be obtained with an original apostille - then it looks you have to send the original degree with the original apostille and they will return it back.

narbeh

Dec 23, 2017
I'm not an expert by any means...but by reading the text above i understand that WES wants the "document that has the original "apostille". Does your ministry provide a degree copy with an "original apostille"? If no copy can be obtained with an original apostille - then it looks you have to send the original degree with the original apostille and they will return it back.
The ministry will put apostille on original degree as well as on degree copy provided that it has been verified by the university. I can definitely do that, but I wanna be sure that WES will accept it. My understanding is that they want the original degree and transcript but it's weird because they say don't send us any originals. I have 3 degrees to evaluate, and if I make a mistake and they're not going to return my originals, I'm screwed... like really bad!

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
The ministry will put apostille on original degree as well as on degree copy provided that it has been verified by the university. I can definitely do that, but I wanna be sure that WES will accept it. My understanding is that they want the original degree and transcript but it's weird because they say don't send us any originals. I have 3 degrees to evaluate, and if I make a mistake and they're not going to return my originals, I'm screwed... like really bad!
See this post, seems someone with a degree from Armenia has gone through this before:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-about-wes.239185/#post-3549672

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
I remember WES terms of service clearly stated that we must not send original degrees to them and if we do, they don't take any responsibility to take care of it and return back to us. However, if you feel that it's required for your country, you should send them a message on twitter and tag them. They give quick and relevant response on twitter. Just tag them and ask your query.

Reactions: Joëlle Dikum

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I remember WES terms of service clearly stated that we must not send original degrees to them and if we do, they don't take any responsibility to take care of it and return back to us. However, if you feel that it's required for your country, you should send them a message on twitter and tag them. They give quick and relevant response on twitter. Just tag them and ask your query.
i kniw that as well but as you can see in the screenshot in the original post WES under important information it says that wes return these documents. so it's a case by case thing i guess

Teemka

Jul 11, 2018
Is there anyone from Kazakhstan? I have the same issue. For Kazakhstan the requirements are the same, and I just received my original diploma with transcripts apostilled and was about to send it to WES. Did anyone from Kazakhstan send the originals to WES? Did you translate the apostille itself and kazakh stamp?