+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about WES

italiarm

Sep 2, 2014
hi guys,
Please I need your help. I have two credentials to evaluate. I am looking through the web site of WES, where it is written under the section what to submit "All diplomas and degree certificates issued by the institution attended" and under th section how to submit "Please have all academic documents verified by apostille through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia". Then I looked for my second credential, which I got in Italy, there it is written "Clear, legible photocopies of all diplomas or degree certificates issued by the institution attended" and "To be submitted to WES by applicant".
Now my question. First of all I cannot find any e-mail or any contact on the website whom I can ask and get concrete info.
I want to know first as I understand I should translate Armenian diploma into English by notary and arrange the appostille, am I right?
Second what about my Italian diploma, should the Armenian Ministry of foreign affairs give apostille for that one as well and should I translate that diploma as well? because it is written only "Clear, legible photocopies of all diplomas or degree certificates issued by the institution attended" but i am not sure if the photocopy will be ok for WES. Has anyone any info on this? Any suggestions?
Please advise

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
For the Italy credential, it says

1. Clear, legible photocopies of all diplomas or degree certificates issued by the institution attended - To be submitted to WES by applicant.

AND

2. Academic transcripts issued by the institutions attended for all post-secondary programs of study - To be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended. (Please click here to download an academic transcript request form. link - http://www.wes.org/required/International_Transcript_Request.pdf ) [so not required to get verified by apostille from Armenian Ministry of foreign affairs, only need to request the Italian university to send transcripts in sealed envelope directly to WES with the request form bearing the order reference number, University might charge a nominal fee from you for this]

if relevant below as well

3. For completed doctoral programs, a letter confirming the awarding of the degree - To be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended. (Please click here to download degree conferral request form. link - http://www.wes.org/required/DegreeConferral.pdf )

NOTE: Photocopies of precise, word-for-word, English translations are required for all foreign language documents. Please do not send original translation documents as they cannot be returned.

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
For Armenia, I would suggest get the original & english translation both verified by apostille through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

italiarm

Sep 2, 2014
well, you know I do not have any transcript. It was a master of first level and there were no final exams. There was only a thesis at the end of the course. And I received the diploma only. There is not transcript. This is the case.

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
italiarm said:
well, you know I do not have any transcript. It was a master of first level and there were no final exams. There was only a thesis at the end of the course. And I received the diploma only. There is not transcript. This is the case.
even though yours is not a doctoral program (where in there are no transcripts & degree awarded basis a thesis submitted), your best option is to request your Italy university to attest your diploma copy and include a note on university letter head stating this course does not include any exams & hence there are no transcripts available.

worst case might happen you are not given any equivalency for this education, but you get one for the Armenia one!! but we'll hope & pray it works out for both!! That's what you can do. Get your diploma copy sent by the university.

italiarm

Sep 2, 2014
well tomorrow I will call WES office and try to find out with them, maybe there is no need to request Italian University to do it. It will take time and patience, maybe WES says the notary translation of the diploma is ok. Let's hope for that.
However, thanks a lot for your precious advices!

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
italiarm said:
hi guys,
Now my question. First of all I cannot find any e-mail or any contact on the website whom I can ask and get concrete info.
There's a contact form on WES website, you can find it in Help center. But it'll take ages for them to get back to you.

italiarm said:
I want to know first as I understand I should translate Armenian diploma into English by notary and arrange the appostille, am I right?
Please advise
You need FIRST to arrange for the apostille (made by authorized body only!)
SECOND arrange for the translation of diploma with apostille already done

NOTE: For some former-USSR countries WES requires ORIGINAL diploma and transcript to be provided. I hope this is not the case with Armenia. Good luck!

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
I think they require original itself.

italiarm

Sep 2, 2014
well, today I call WES, no help at all. I am really disappointed. They did not know themselves what documents they need to evaluate my Italian credential. I told them that I don't have any transcripts, as the course that I attended (Master Universitario di primo livello) did not have any exams, I only had to pass my final thesis to get the diploma, which I did and, but no exams, no grades. And after waiting more than an hour on the line, she could not help me at all. I asked at least to verify with those people who do the evaluation, but she refused and told me to send them all the documents and then they will see what else they need and will ask me again, but why should I send twice and lose time and money. This was not a service, no help at all. Too bad!

Ripsime

Sep 24, 2014
well, today I call WES, no help at all. I am really disappointed. They did not know themselves what documents they need to evaluate my Italian credential. I told them that I don't have any transcripts, as the course that I attended (Master Universitario di primo livello) did not have any exams, I only had to pass my final thesis to get the diploma, which I did and, but no exams, no grades. And after waiting more than an hour on the line, she could not help me at all. I asked at least to verify with those people who do the evaluation, but she refused and told me to send them all the documents and then they will see what else they need and will ask me again, but why should I send twice and lose time and money. This was not a service, no help at all. Too bad!
Well, I went though this process - not an easy thing you know. What I would suggest:
1. You translate your Armenian diploma by notary, then put on the original the apostille in the MFA.
2. If your Italian diploma has no transcript attached (which is really weird since the transcript reflects not only exam grades but also the subjects, credits etc) you just translate the diploma if it doesn't has an English translation in it, and get it verified by the RA ministry of justice.
3. Get all of the docs together plus ALL THE ORIGINALS and send it to WES.
And don't call them it's just waste of time and money.
Good luck!

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
Hi frnds..

made my calculation .. tell if wrong ???
education BCom 21 points
xperiance 2yrs 11
age 23 12
Ielts date 22 nov 23 needed ( have to score 7+ in each module)
total 68

now just wanna to know that i have applied for educational assessment through WES ..... got my transcripts ... now i have to courier it on a given address... plzz give me the address where to be courier these transcripts??? ... and fees is $201 .or $299.. ??

Also my expected date of Ielts result is about 6 dec 2014... can i apply ... ??

and i have to submit this.....1) Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] 2) Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] 3) Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] ........ and all 11 forms at once or step by step...

And do i need a laywer who signature are req on my application... someone told me you need an laywer who will charge around $1200 for it ???

Plzz gude me .. runng late of timee.. plzzzzzzzzzz