+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES timeline for 2018

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Documents A delivered to WES - July 3, 2018
Documents B delivered to WES - July 5, 2018
1st Status Update: We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s). - July 4, 2018
2nd Status Update: We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s). - July 9, 2018
3rd Status Update: We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s). - July 12, 2018

No change in the status since July 12.

Not sure, what these same updates mean.

Can anybody help me understand? What is the estimated report-out day?

Thanks.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Documents delivered by courier on July 5th
Status update to "Documents received, we are reviewing your documents" on July 9th (2 Business days later)
No further update for now...

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Finally received my ECA today and received the Master's equivalency for my BE + PGDM :)

Following is my ECA timeline to summarize:
Made payment and sent courier to WES through DHL - 23rd May
Documents received at WES as per DHL record - 25th May
Status changed to Documents Received - Under Review - 28th May
Status changed to On Hold for PGDM and Documents Accepted for BE - 6th June
After rounds of follow-up, second VDR email sent by WES - 22nd June
Verification email sent by institute to specific WES email ID - 26th June
Status changed to Evaluation report under review (with ECA due date of 18 July) - 27th June
Status changed to Order under Final Review - 17th July
ECA soft copy received - 18th July

PS: People who already received ECA last month, have you received the hard copy from WES yet? Any idea how long does it take via Regular Post (not Courier)?

mrlife

Feb 10, 2018
1st Status Update: We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s). - July 4, 2018
2nd Status Update: We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s). - July 9, 2018
3rd Status Update: We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s). - July 12, 2018

Thanks.
You appled for evaluation based on different educational qualifications it seems.

When document A was received, they start your evaluation and confirm the originality of your documents.
When document B was received, document B probably have an ongoing originality check and was being carried out with document A at the same time. You haven't heard back from them till date so i would make a guess that your school haven't replied WES's query or something. At this length in time, your evaluation should be completed or almost in completion.

My advise is to call WES and find out? They pick their calls

NTDF9

Jul 18, 2018
You appled for evaluation based on different educational qualifications it seems.

When document A was received, they start your evaluation and confirm the originality of your documents.
When document B was received, document B probably have an ongoing originality check and was being carried out with document A at the same time. You haven't heard back from them till date so i would make a guess that your school haven't replied WES's query or something. At this length in time, your evaluation should be completed or almost in completion.

What do you mean by, "When document B was received, document B probably have an ongoing originality check and was being carried out with document A at the same time" ?

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018

Thanks.
WES takes about 2-2.5 weeks to review the documents and accept them. If they have any doubt regarding authenticity, they may send for verification to your institute but then the status will change to "On Hold". So my guess is your status should change to "Documents Accepted - Evaluation under progress" by EOD today or latest early next week. After that, it will typically take them another 3 weeks to give the ECA.

Reactions: NTDF9

Palak90

Jun 27, 2018

Hi, I wanna just know about my degree evolution Please help meMy degree 1. Bachelor of engineering (4 year) india 2. Diploma in business management level 7 (1year) new zealand So please tell me What will be comes in my wes report, bcz my report is under revolution

NTDF9

Jul 18, 2018
WES takes about 2-2.5 weeks to review the documents and accept them. If they have any doubt regarding authenticity, they may send for verification to your institute but then the status will change to "On Hold". So my guess is your status should change to "Documents Accepted - Evaluation under progress" by EOD today or latest early next week. After that, it will typically take them another 3 weeks to give the ECA.
Thanks for your detailed response!

I see many other posts on this thread in which people got to "documents accepted" state within 7-10 days (not business days).

My docs reached at the same time as mentioned (July 5). It's been 15 days now (non business days). Should I get alarmed?

heymanthkumar

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi Samik,

I have done my BE and Post graduate diploma from Nagarjuna university. I have sent transcripts for both of them. Now the current status is "Evaluation in Progress". Prior to that it was "All documents were reviewed and accepted". Now i just want to know if they will put my status again on HOLD for verifying Post graduate diploma program.
Could you please give your inputs ?

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks for your detailed response!

I see many other posts on this thread in which people got to "documents accepted" state within 7-10 days (not business days).

My docs reached at the same time as mentioned (July 5). It's been 15 days now (non business days). Should I get alarmed?
For my spouse it came after 16 days, and I know a lot more with that kind of timeline. Patience is the biggest virtue required in the Canada PR process :)

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi Samik,

I have done my BE and Post graduate diploma from Nagarjuna university. I have sent transcripts for both of them. Now the current status is "Evaluation in Progress". Prior to that it was "All documents were reviewed and accepted". Now i just want to know if they will put my status again on HOLD for verifying Post graduate diploma program.
Could you please give your inputs ?
It is difficult to predict if WES will put it on hold for verification, but there's a possibility. Is your diploma a PGDM? Recently a lot of cases from India have happened with PGDM and MBA degrees where WES put them on hold for verification. It's a cumbersome process, but most of us have come out of it and received our ECA. You can refer to the thread below.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-eca-status-on-hold.564890/page-26#post-7096659

Reactions: heymanthkumar

heymanthkumar

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
It is difficult to predict if WES will put it on hold for verification, but there's a possibility. Is your diploma a PGDM? Recently a lot of cases from India have happened with PGDM and MBA degrees where WES put them on hold for verification. It's a cumbersome process, but most of us have come out of it and received our ECA. You can refer to the thread below.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-eca-status-on-hold.564890/page-26#post-7096659
Thanks for the information.

Mine is PGDIT (Post graduate diploma in Information technology).

If they put on hold, should we take any action from our end ?

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks for the information.

Mine is PGDIT (Post graduate diploma in Information technology).

If they put on hold, should we take any action from our end ?
Ideally no, but practically yes, you'll need to contact your institute and WES to expedite the process. Please go through the thread I've quoted.

jinssbox

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Finally received my ECA today and received the Master's equivalency for my BE + PGDM :)

Following is my ECA timeline to summarize:
Made payment and sent courier to WES through DHL - 23rd May
Documents received at WES as per DHL record - 25th May
Status changed to Documents Received - Under Review - 28th May
Status changed to On Hold for PGDM and Documents Accepted for BE - 6th June
After rounds of follow-up, second VDR email sent by WES - 22nd June
Verification email sent by institute to specific WES email ID - 26th June
Status changed to Evaluation report under review (with ECA due date of 18 July) - 27th June
Status changed to Order under Final Review - 17th July
ECA soft copy received - 18th July

PS: People who already received ECA last month, have you received the hard copy from WES yet? Any idea how long does it take via Regular Post (not Courier)?
Hello.

my friend recently received ECA for her PGDM as Bachelor's equivalency, though the course was approved by AICTE. Any idea how WES decide on this, since certain PGDM courses are offered Masters equivalency while others are not..