+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES status "on hold"

Feb 20, 2019
There is no staff in particular, you need to go to the new exam building and reach out to any staff in the certificate section. For a start you can ask for Davakhar ma'am.
@Badri12 thanks for your reply. When I called WES customer support they said that they have sent verification email to some "confidential person's email-id". Do you know who could be that confidential person in Pune University?

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
WES - ECA on hold.

I got a mail from WES on 15 May 2019, stating that my ECA is on hold with reason " ECA on hold - Secondary Verification of Documents Required (VDR). The mail said that "WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to Savitribai Phule Pune University. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution."

I had seen multiple comments on various threads that Savitribai Phule Pune University does not reply to the verification mail sent by WES within the stipulated 7 weeks time; so I was worried about the same.

I waited for a week's time, before sending a mail to Certificate Section & also to Students Facilitation Centre (you can find the email id in the official website of Pune University).

The Students Facilitation Centre was quick to respond to my mail, and they also sent a copy (Cc) of the mail to the Certificate Section.

To my surprise, they immediately responded to the WES mail & my status is changed to "IN PROGRESS".

Hope this helps all who are subjected to Secondary Verification of Documents through Pune University.

Last edited:
Reactions: star88

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi Thanks, But I already got the transcripts in a sealed envelope via online process of Pune University last year,which I had sent to WES. Now again I have to pay fees and go there for same transcripts to be verified?
No. Since you have already made the payment for obtaining the Transcripts, no further payment is to be made to verify the same. As the transcripts have been computer generated and bear the seal & signature of the concerned official of examination section, it doesn't make sense to get the same verified after payment of fees. Hope this helps.

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Please goto University in Certificate Section to Davkhar madam, You have to pay Verification fees for the degree n marksheets which is given in Pune univeristy website and then she approves the request. I just got my thing done last week. It was pending with them since long
HI. Does this fee apply to transcripts verification? I have sent verified and attested photocopies of degrees & Transcripts for ECA. I have already paid a fee for obtaining Transcripts & getting the photocopy of degree certificate verified.

debalcanada06

May 10, 2024
Guys - I have applied for WES and status got updated yesterday saying "on-Hold" and "We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents". I got email saying that they have emailed soft copies to my university and waiting to hear from them. After waiting for almost 1 month today I got this update from WES.

Anyone from West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE) faced this issue? If anyone from the university i mentioned above did face this issue, please help me out with your suggestion on what is to be done.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am not in India hence personally going there is not an easy option for me. Please help out.