+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) meaning in Canadian edu.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
from the link you mentioned there itself i found this information
And my wes result displays Bachelors Degree 4 years and Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) not Secondary school diploma

Comprehensive ranking system
Filter items
Showing 1 to 10 of 20 entries (filtered from 152 total entries)
Show 102550100 entries

Assessment result (Canadian equivalency)Level of education for Express Entry profilePoints awarded (with spouse)Points awarded (without spouse)
Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute9198
Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute112120
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute9198
Secondary School GraduationSecondary school (high school diploma)2830
Ok. So you have a 4 year program AND 2 year secondary diploma AND another 2 year diploma (college).

ramandeep1117

Jun 26, 2021
from the link you mentioned there itself i found this information
And my wes result displays Bachelors Degree 4 years and Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) not Secondary school diploma

Comprehensive ranking system
Filter items
Showing 1 to 10 of 20 entries (filtered from 152 total entries)
Show 102550100 entries

Assessment result (Canadian equivalency)Level of education for Express Entry profilePoints awarded (with spouse)Points awarded (without spouse)
Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute9198
Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute112120
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees119128
Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute9198
Secondary School GraduationSecondary school (high school diploma)2830

Hi there,

Have you created express entry application ?
What points did you get ? Two or more program ?
Did you got PR ?

Please guide, I am also in same boat

ramandeep1117

Jun 26, 2021
Hi Bro,

My WES Report and CIC Application details

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY :
Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

What should I choose for Level of education in EE application for Diploma (two years) ?
Two- Year program @ university, college, trade or technical school, or other institue
or
Secondary diploma (high school graduation)

My Current CIC Application : Level of education -
--------------------------------------
WES : Diploma (two years)
CIC : Two- Year program @ university, college, trade or technical school, or other institue

WES : bachelor's degree (four years)
CIC : Bachelors degree or a 3 or more year progaram at Un....

WES : postgraduate diploma (one year)
CIC : One - Year program @ university, college, trade or technical school, or other institue

Can you please confirm all my selection in CIC application is correct or not ? if I need to change anything please let me know.

Thanks in advance for you help

Regards,
Vishnu

Hi there,

Have you created express entry application ?
What points did you get ? Two or more program ?
Did you got PR ?

Please guide, I am also in same boat

Thanks in Advance !

rvimohal1986

Sep 11, 2021
Secondary school isn't considered a diploma. What do they say on the first page of wes where they mention the overall equivalency?
Written on my WES overall equivalency:-

Diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (4 years).

Is it meant for (Two post-secondary programs of atleast two years each)?

Should I go for (Two post-secondary programs of atleast two years each)?

TIA

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Written on my WES overall equivalency:-

Diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (4 years).

Is it meant for (Two post-secondary programs of atleast two years each)?

Should I go for (Two post-secondary programs of atleast two years each)?

TIA
add them both in the form and you'll know :) you don't choose two or more in the application, no such thing

rvimohal1986

Sep 11, 2021
add them both in the form and you'll know :) you don't choose two or more in the application, no such thing
Thanks for the information sir. Sorry to ask again but these points are very much important to me, so are you 100% sure that "Diploma (two years)" is NOT a POST-SECONDARY PROGRAM in Canada?

My whole process seriously depends on these points. Kindly reply.

If not then please can you elaborate this in few words for my better understanding.

Last edited:

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks for the information sir. Sorry to ask again but these points are very much important to me, so are you 100% sure that "Diploma (two years)" is NOT a POST-SECONDARY PROGRAM in Canada?

My whole process seriously depends on these points. Kindly reply.

If not then please can you elaborate this in few words for my better understanding.
that's not what i said. in the form you add each degree individually with the relative ECA. then you hit save and it takes 24 hours for your points to show up

aarti2240

Nov 18, 2022
My ECA by WES says

Canadian Equivalency Summary: Batchelor's degree (3 years)

Credential 1)
Secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years

Credential 2)
Batchelor's degree (3 years)

Do i qualify for "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" ?

If not why ?
did you qualify for 2 or more courses by this, please help me with this

aarti2240

Nov 18, 2022
My ECA by WES says

Canadian Equivalency Summary: Batchelor's degree (3 years)

Credential 1)
Secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years

Credential 2)
Batchelor's degree (3 years)

Do i qualify for "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" ?

If not why ?
did you qualify for 2 or more courses by this, please help me with this

aarti2240

Nov 18, 2022
https://ibb.co/Z8bfTWP

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

report says as mentioned above, you can also check the link for image upload of the report,
please look into this and guide me

thank you

aarti2240

Nov 18, 2022
So two or more.
but in image, at the bottom most it is written as secondary school diploma and diploma, so does it effect two or more or not ?
at top it is written Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years) , but at bottom it is different